Chapter 18: Ares

It has been seven months since we dropped my baby girl off in the mortal world. I have missed her so much. I am the god of war. I can be taken down by just one bat of her long eyelashes. Her beauty can rival her mother. She is her mother's child but she is like me in other ways. She is without a doubt the best thing to ever happen to me. I know nobody expected me to be a good and loving father. I didn't expect it either. I was never a good father to my demigod children.

I remember the day she was born.

It was October 31, Aphrodite and I were at a party on Mount Olympus. All the gods were there. We finally convinced Zeus a few years ago to let us marry. He reluctantly agreed plus Hephaestus was more than willing to get rid of her. After 2 years of marriage, Aph got pregnant. It was the best thing to happen to us.

"Oh, my gods!" I heard Aph shout. I look over and rush to her side. "What is it. What's wrong?"

She gave me a happy smile. "The baby is coming." I quickly moved us to Apollo's and he moved us quickly. He helped me lay her down. I grabbed her hand excited.

"Okay, Aphrodite get ready to push on my count." She did as she was told. I kept praising her and telling her how much I loved her and then we heard the cries of our child.

"Congratulations its a girl!" Apollo announced. At first, I was kinda upset it wasn't a boy. I always believed men were superior to women; but when I saw my daughter in my wife's arms.

Aphrodite smiled at our tiny daughter. It was the most beautiful I have ever seen from her. She looked up at me. "Want to hold her."

I nodded and she placed her in my arms. I immediately fell in love with her. "I vow to love and protect you for eternity," I said.

The other gods came to wish us their congratulations. "So what are you going to name her?" Hera asked and I smiled at her. "Aubree. Her name is Aubree Ares."

From that day forward I did just that. I was sitting on my throne next to Aphrodite. It is time for the Summer solstice. We were all discussing the importance of the suspicious activity that was going on in the depths of Tartarus.

I heard a beeping noise coming from my throne I pushed the answer button and the holograph of my son came up. Hermès came up with the idea and Hephaestus installed them in each of our thrones. I was surprised that he was calling when he knows this is a really important time for the gods.

"Adriano," I answered in a stern voice. I was annoyed that he was calling. "We have a problem, a really really big problem." He said looking at me nervously.

"What's the problem?" I asked. Everyone stopped their conversations to look over and listen to what he was saying.

"Don't kill us we are just the messengers." I gave him a look that told him he needed to get to the freakin point.

"It's about Aubree. She was kidnapped by rogues." That's when I saw red and I felt my anger take over. I could hear Aph start crying. It was a heart-wrenching cry. Demigods say we don't care about them and they are mostly right but when it comes to Aubree it's a whole new ball game. Zeus thundered in anger. "HOW IN HADES DID THIS HAPPEN!"

"What do you mean she was kidnapped." Adriano took a deep breath and an unconscious step back. "We looked everywhere but the rogues somehow keep moving. Every time we get close to the compound it jumps to a different place. Bentley exhausted every possible idea. I was there to witness it. He is going crazy."

I could feel my anger rise. "Brother. Let me help you find her. With both of us working together we are unstoppable." I looked at Athena. I nodded.

"Let's go get my daughter back."

We rushed into action. Luckily when you are a god you have tools to get jobs like this done. There was a big golden fountain in the room next to the throne room. We go here to look upon our demigod children.

"Show me where Aubree is," I said to the fountain. It showed a dark room and I heard screams of my little girl. My heart dropped. "Show me where I can find her." A red dot showed up on a picture of a map.

I quickly hurried my way out of the room and back to the throne room. I ran to my wife and pulled her into me tightly. "I am going to go save our daughter." She kisses me. "Be careful Ares." I nod and I run out of the throne room.

I zipped out of Olympus and popped into the compound where my daughter was being kept and tortured. When I popped in there wasn't anybody in the living room. Since I am a god I don't need to sneak around. I remembered seeing a very dark room so I found the stairs and walked down them.

That's when I saw them. The men who are keeping my daughter. "Who are you?" The one said. I snapped my fingers and his neck snapped. The others with wide eyes turned away as if they never saw me. Smart.

I heard my daughter scream and I took off towards the screams. I found an extra set of stairs and walked down them. When I entered the room I saw my daughter in special chains. The man and my daughter both look over. My daughter's expression was one of terrified and relief. The man holding my daughter down looked over to me angry.

"Daddy!" She said. I rushed over to her and snapped the chains off. I pulled her to me.

"Everything is going to be okay now," I said to her trying to calm her down. She was shaking and crying out of fear.

"You will die for this. If my daughter wasn't in this shape I would strike you down myself." I know this is uncharacteristic of me but my daughter comes first.

I snapped my fingers and we ended up on the border of the Bloodmoon territory. When the wolves saw us they parted ways. I am sure letting Bentley know about us.

I saw a few people sprint out of the house. When I reached them we all walked inside and I sat down on the couch with Aubree in my arms. She hung onto me tightly. She wasn't going to let me go anytime soon. They broke my beautiful and strong daughter.

I could tell my power made those around us cower in fear. Good. They should have protected my daughter. She is my weakness. I have never felt so helpless. I whispered encouraging words to her trying to reassure her. I never would have grounded her if I thought that she would be in an ounce of danger.

Bentley looked at her in sorrow and anger. He turns to me and looks me directly in my eyes.

"This is an act of war." I nodded at him. I couldn't have said it better myself.