twenty • january is the color of her skin

Chris's POV

Tour had been over for a few days and the guys and I had just realesed our second studio album, Infamous. We were all at Angelo's house, celebrating.

Raven was sitting inbetween my mom and I. It was so nice watching them see each other again for the first time in years. My mom even cried.

Angelo stood up from his seat and Raven's face fell, almost as if she was dreading something. What was going on?

"Guys!" Angelo said loudly, to get everyone's attention. "I need to tell you all something."

Everybody looked towards Angelo and he continued. "We've all had many great adventures together, making music and touring the world. I'm forever grateful for that. But, I feel as if I don't belong with that lifestyle anymore. I'm leaving the band."

My mouth fell open, as did the rest of the guys. Raven stood up. "Whatever you feel is best, Angelo. We'll all support you."

I nodded and stood up as well, walking over to give him a hug. "Yeah, man. We're all still friends. Nothing's gonna change."

Soon, the rest of the guys were up, all hugging Angelo and reassuring him that he was making a good decision. He seemed very reluctant to tell us at first, but now he was more confident with it.

Nothing was going to change. We'd all still be best friends.

But then it dawned on me.

Who was gonna be our drummer?

•    •    •    •    •

I sat on my bed, reading over the song I'd written for Raven awhile ago. I finally put a name to it - Contemptress. I wanted to put it on the next album, but I wanted Raven to read it first. I wanted her to feature in it, too.

I grabbed another piece of paper. Contemptress was a song about how frustrated I was that I didn't know how Raven felt. I wanted go write one that expresses how much I love her.

January is the color of her skin
Febuary are her lips so inviting
Silk hair as short as a fuse
She's been damaged
She's been misused

Her eyes reflect like the rain on the pavement
I take control, she explodes
Sink into her depths
I am the tremble in her voice when she attempts to speak
Fixate on the frailty

We ran, awake
Watch it glow
She hesitates
To grab ahold
Her body shakes
Her breath is cold
To keep her safe is all I know

I set down the pen and paper. I wanted this song to be long and emotional. I couldn't write it all in one day; it wouldn't feel genuine enough.

My phone beeped, disturbing me from my thoughts. I grabbed it and let my eyes float over the screen.

Brandon Ritcher: hell yeah, man, I'd love to be your new drummer!

After Angelo announced he was leaving, I texted a good friend of mine named Brandon. He was a pretty awesome drummer and I feel like he would make a good member in Motionless.

Chris: great! Our Europe tour starts in three weeks, you ready?

Brandon: yessir, looking forward to it!

Raven was joining us again for the Europe tour. She's always wanted to go to France, so I figured that's where I'd ask her to be my girlfriend.

I heard a knock on my door and I groaned, slowly getting up to open it. When I did, I saw something that made my heart skip a beat.

Raven stood in front of me, blood covering her shaking hands. She blinked and stayed quiet. I pulled her into the apartment quickly.

So idk if this is when Angelo left or when Brandon joined the band.
     - salem ♡

Edited and revised
619 words