The Enemy

Ji Eun's POV

               "Ok class. I"m going to give back your exam paper. I'll call your names one by one." says Mrs Jang. "Oh Yujin... Shin Minah..." Mrs Jang started calling up names and soon she called my name. She handed me the paper with a wide smile on her face which means I did well again. I returned the smile and went back to my seat. *Now... What did I get...* I thought as I slowly flipped the paper over. Then I saw it. Right at the top right corner showed '97/100' in red. *Yes! Increased by 2 marks.* I mentally cheered as my left hand balled into a fist.

               *Now all that's left is...* "I am proud to see many of you getting high scores but as usual, we have the top 2 scorers in our class again this year." said Mrs Jang as I bit my lip in anticipation. "It's gonna be the 2 of them again huh." "I wonder who's the top scorer this time." "They both got the same scores for the final exams last year right?" "Yeah yeah" The class erupted into whispers as they anticipated the results. "So, in 2nd place it's..." *Please please please* I chanted mentally as I held both hands together. "Park Ji Eun!" *Damn it. That means he's-* "And the top scorer is Kim Wooshin!" announced Mrs Jang as she clapped. "Woo! Congrats!" "Yeah! You're the man!" said some of the classmates as they congratulated him.

               "Congratulations both of you. Keep it up." praised Mrs Jang with a smile. Just then, the bell rang and the class was dismissed for lunch. I was slowly packing my bag when a figure approached my table. "You've work hard." said the person in an amused tone. "Shut up." I replied. I didn't have to look up to see as I already know who it was. "Don't need to get all grumpy." he chuckled. I finished packing and looked up at him at him in the eye. "Mind your own business. Now shoo." I said with a glare. He smirked and then walked out of the class. I sighed in exasperation and got up.

               "Cheer up." said someone. "I'm fine." I replied. "Yeah, right. Come on, I'll get you your favourite pudding." with that, my lips curved into a smile. "Thank you!! You really know how to cheer me up, Eunwoo ah." I said happily as I hugged my one and only best friend. "No problem, anything for my best friend." he smiled and pat my head. I broke the hug then grabbed his arm and left the class quickly as we head to the cafeteria.

-At the cafeteria-

               "I'll go get the pudding. Be right back." said Eunwoo as he placed his tray and went away. The vending machine was just at the corner of the cafeteria which could be seen from our table. He got the pudding and smiled as he walked back to the table. As he was walking back, he received a couple of heys and hellos and also dreamy smiles from girls. "Popular as always huh?" I smirked as soon as he sat down. "Says the school's 'Goddess'." he smirked and gave me my pudding. "Whatever 'Prince Charming'." I giggled as I started eating.

               I was peacefully eating when the cafeteria erupted with squeals and giggles. I looked up to see a group of boys and one of them being my sworn enemy. "Urgh. Can't I eat in peace?" I groaned. Eunwoo looked at me and chuckled. "Seriously, what do they see in that jerk that's charming or attractive?" I frowned. "Well, you know how you girls these days go for those with a cold vibe that screams 'bad boy'. That's the school's 'Ice Prince' for you." said Eunwoo in a matter-of-fact tone. 

               "Pfft. Well, at least not me and are you like, jealous?" I said as I wriggled my eyebrows to tease him. "Why would I be when I have you, the 'Goddess' on my side?" he smirked and winked. I laughed as I shook my head in amusement then continued eating. As I looked up, I immediately had eye contact with the 'Ice Prince'. We stared for a few seconds when he stuck his tongue out and I rolled my eyes looking away. I admit that he is good looking but really, he's just a jerk.