The Sports Carnival

Ji Eun's POV

               It was lunch time and I was talking to Eunwoo when I noticed Wooshin, who was sitting at a table behind Eunwoo, looking at me. *Is it just me or has he been looking at me since just now?* I thought as I looked back at Eunwoo. Really, I noticed Wooshin glancing at me a few times while we were in class just now and he's still doing it. *Is there something on me or what?* I thought, suddenly feeling all self-conscious. "Is something bothering you?" asked Eunwoo which made me snap out of my thoughts. "E-eh? Ani." I shook my head and looked down at my food.

               Suddenly, I felt a palm on my forehead. "W-what are you doing?" I asked in surprised. "Just checking to see if you were sick or something." said Eunwoo. "Ah... Ani, I'm not sick." I said sheepishly and removed his hand. "But you were slapping your cheeks just now, if you didn't notice." he chuckled. "Eh? Jinjja?" I said in shock and pouted. "Tell me what's bothering you." asked Eunwoo in a soft voice. "Nothing's wrong, Eunwoo ah. Don't worry." I said with a smile. "Alright then." said Eunwoo with a shrug and he continued eating. I took a quick glance at Wooshin to see him doing the same which made us both look away quickly. *This is so weird.* I thought as I continued eating.

               Lunch break ended and we're now in the lab for Chemistry. I sighed as I thought how much more miserable my life could possibly get. "Is there something weird on my face or are you really infatuated with me?" I said, irritated. "Nope. I'm just wondering what wrong I did in my past life to be stuck with you like this." he said in monotone. I groaned and rolled my eyes away. Yeap, we were paired up as lab partners this time. I'm actually starting to think the teachers are plotting something against us. Like, really.

-Minutes later-

               "Now we wait for it to dry up..." I mumbled to myself as I stared at the blue solution in the small bowl in front of me. "How long do we have to wait?" asked Wooshin who was clearly bored. "Don't you know how to read?" I said as I narrowed my eyes at him. He glared back then picked up the paper and flipped it. "Ok, so that's all for today. Make sure you guys labelled your bowls so it doesn't get mixed up." said Mrs Shin as she dismissed the class. *Finally.* I thought as I got up and headed towards the door.

               "So... How did it go?" asked Eunwoo all of a sudden. "How did what go?" I asked with a frowned. "In the lab. Did you guys have any chemistry?" he teased and I slapped his arm. "Quit it." I glared. "Araso araso... Mianhae." apologized Eunwoo as he patted my head. I continued glaring but a smile quickly appeared on my face. No matter how annoying Eunwoo could get at times, I can't possibly stay mad at him for long. Well, that's what best friends are anyways.

-In the class-

               "Alright class. As you guys know, the sports carnival is being held soon so I need you guys to choose which sport you want to take part in. Here's the list of sports you can participate in. I expect everyone of you to be in one sport each." briefed Mrs Jang as she pointed at the whiteboard. "Basketball.. Soccer.. Floor ball.. Tag rugby.. Relay.." I said as I read the board. "Psst." I looked at the source of sound which was Eunwoo. "What are you gonna be in?" he asked. "Hmm... I don't know. Either floor ball or relay..." I said. "I'm gonna go for soccer." he said. "Of course you are." I chuckled. Eunwoo loved soccer so it's obvious he'd participate in that.