What Would Make You Stay?

(Clark woke up in the middle of the night)

(It was his third night sleeping on the couch due to their current house guest taking over his room)

(Lois Lane had disrupted Clark's life with the subtlety of a freight train and Clark couldn't stop being immensely annoyed at her)

(Every time she spoke, every time she looked at him, Clark felt so frustrated, she drove him absolutely crazy and Clark couldn't stand it)

(And now Clark realized that the culprit behind waking him up was none other than the very same Lois that plagued his thoughts, she was taking a very loud shower at 5:30 in the morning and Clark couldn't take it anymore)

(He leapt off the couch and stomped upstairs angrily and knocked on the bathroom door, losing his patience Clark slammed the door a little harder than he meant to and the door flew open revealing a naked Lois standing there shocked and soaking wet)

(Clark's anger evaporated as he saw her, the sight of her had utterly paralyzed him)

(Lois cleared her throat nervously and shut the door, leaving Clark completely petrified in the hall)

(A few moments later Lois hurried out of the bathroom with a towel around her waist, praying to avoid Clark but she was out of luck as he was still standing there)

Clark: "Lois I'm sorr.."

Lois: "Apology accepted. Now move your butt."

Clark: "I was hoping you'd explain why you were having a shower at 5:30 in the morning."

Lois: "Haven't you gotten enough of a sneak peek into my showering habits? Maybe you figured it was time to even the score? Since I saw Clark Junior that time you wanted to see Lois' twin girls bouncing around?"

(Clark shook his head frantically at a loss for words, desperately trying to get past the awkward conversation)

Clark: "Lois why are you up so early?"

(Lois sighed and looked away for a moment before deciding to be straight with Clark)

Lois: "I'm leaving."

(Lois walked past Clark to her room to get changed)

Clark: "Wha..? Where are you going? And why so early?"

Lois: "Look Smallville, I'll admit we had our fun saving Chloe from the psycho sword guy but I've already stayed here longer than I bargained for. Besides why do you care so much if I leave? I thought you'd be dying to get rid of me."

Clark: "Well..it's just Chloe...really likes having you around. She'd be pretty upset if you just skip town without saying goodbye."

(Clark nodded, almost trying to convince himself that that was the whole truth)

(Lois glanced up at Clark and chewed on her lip thoughtfully, then she walked up to Clark who appeared to be frozen in place)

Lois: "Clark?"

(Clark nodded, clearly overcome with nervousness)

Lois: "Are you upset that I'm leaving?"

(Clark tried to scoff sarcastically but it was very obvious he was lying)

Clark: "No of course not. I..wanted you to..to leave.."

(He glanced around looking at everything but her)

(Lois grinned to herself, easily seeing through Clark's attempt at lying to her)

Lois: "Clark..what if I gave you a reason..the only reason really..that I would stay for?"

Clark: "..what..what would that be? What would make you stay?"

(It was then that Lois surprised both Clark and herself tremendously, it started as a distant thought in the back of her mind but quickly turned into a sudden urge that she found herself all too eager to act on)

(She kissed him)