The Whole Truth

(Lois entered the torch where Chloe was working)

Chloe: "Hey cuz. How are things going with a certain Kansas farm boy?"

Lois: "Really well..for a little bit. I actually came by to see if Clark was here. Have you seen him?"

Chloe: "No not since our conversation in his loft a couple days ago. Why? Did something happen?"

Lois: "I just haven't been able to track him down since yesterday morning. I'm worried he might be avoiding me. I guess it's just the lack of nicotine talking."

Chloe: "Lois I know how much Clark cares about you. If he isn't around its usually for a good reason. Except for that one time he went to Metropolis for a summer. That was a bit of a curveball."

Lois: "Okay you're gonna have to tell me all about that later but I was hoping to ask you something Chlo..has Clark ever told you something..Super important?"

Chloe: "Like what?"

Lois: "Okay guess not. Just thought I'd check. Okay leaving now."

(Lois started to leave but Chloe stopped her)

Chloe: "Wait Lois. What are you talking about?"

Lois: "Nothing! Forget I said anything. Whoosh it from your brain like how Clark...um..whooshes around doing his farm chores.."

Chloe: "Do you know something?"

Lois: "..nope! Nothing. I know so little it's..staggering!"

Chloe: "..Clark told you something didn't he? Something he's never told me. I'm betting he never told Lana either."

Lex: "Or his best friend but I guess I shouldn't be surprised."

(Chloe and Lois were both startled to see Lex standing in the doorway)

Lex: "I mean if Clark wouldn't tell you Chloe, someone he's known since you were kids I suppose I can understand why he never told me."

Lois: "Whatcha doing here, Lex? Fresh out of shaving cream?"

Lex: "No I'm here to let Miss Sullivan here in on a little secret. Something I'm sure she's been dying to know for years."

Chloe: "Okay..why is everyone acting so secretive all of a sudden. Did the Smallville water supply get polluted or something?"

Lex: "Well if it did I'm sure Miss Lane's boyfriend would save the town with his..strength of character."

Lois: "Nah ah! No labels MR Luthor. Clark and I are going super steady. And also maybe we should go outside and talk privately. We wouldn't want to..give Chloe here the wrong idea."

Lex: "Or maybe it's high time she gets the right one. Chloe, your cousin and I have both recently learned something about our mutual friend Clark Kent. Something.. earth shattering."

Chloe: "Tell me!"

Lois: "Don't even think about it, swim cap!"

Lex: "...Clark Kent is.."

(Suddenly Lex's phone rang and he saw that Clark was the one calling)

Lex: "..calling me. Excuse me."

(Lex answered the phone)

Lex: "Interesting timing, Clark. I was just about to let Chloe in on your little secret."

Clark: "Lex I promise to tell you everything. If you stay away from my friends and family I'll let you know everything about me."

Lex: "Nice try, Clark but I already know everything."

Clark: "Do you? Then you know about my connection to the Kawatche caves? Or what the symbols mean?"

Lex: "This mean you're finally gonna let me read your term paper?" (Lex smirked)

Clark: "I'm in the cave right now. Come meet me if you want the whole truth."

(Clark hung up)

(Lex thought for a few moments before looking back at Lois and Chloe who had been listening to his phone call closely)

Lex: "Well excuse me ladies but I've got another appointment I can't be late for."

(Lex walked out of the torch)

Chloe: "I'm gonna follow him."

Lois: "What?! Chloe you can't.."

Chloe: "No Lois! Clark has been lying to me for years and I deserve to know why!"

(Chloe took off after Lex as Lois chased after her)