Cousin Conversation

(Chloe was on her computer at the Torch when Lois came in)

Chloe: "Hey Lois! You're here early."

Lois: "I just had the weirdest morning."

Chloe: "Uh oh. Wanna talk about it?"

Lois: "Not really but apparently what I want and what I do are totally out of sync today. I kissed Clark Kent."

(Chloe nearly exploded like the time the safe house blew up)

Chloe: "You what?!"

Lois: "I know! I know! It's official. I'm insane. Better hope they have room for one more down in Belle Reve next to all those meteor dudes."

Chloe: "Lois..how did it happen? Who initiated it? What did Clark say?"

Lois: "I don't know! Ugh! It was such a blur! One minute he's gawking at my super hot naked bod, the next we're sucking face like there's no tomorrow!"

Chloe: "Whoa whoa whoa back up. He saw you naked?"

Lois: "Yep! Everything. The twin girls in all their bouncy glory!"

Chloe: "So he saw you naked.. and then you kissed him?"

Lois: "No no he opened the bathroom door while I was in the shower, then I threw on a towel and he followed me to my room where we traded witty banter like usual but then I went nuts and planted a wet one on him."

Chloe: "..wow..so what brought that on?"

Lois: "I have no idea! I guess we felt all cooped up together these past few days and we worked together a lot to solve the mystery of your fake death so I guess we just.."

Chloe: "Do you.. have feelings for him?"

Lois: "I can't believe I'm saying this but...maybe? And right when I was about to blow this crop circle too. Talk about lame timing, Lane."

Chloe: "Huh. So you and Clark are..and I'm..I've been here this whole time. And he's never reciprocated my feelings and now you waltz in here, my own cousin, is gonna steal the love of my life out from right under my nose?!"

Lois: "Whoa! Put on the breaks there Chlo! I'm not trying to steal anyone from anybody. You know I wouldn't stand between you and Clark. If you want him you can have him. I won't get in your way."

Chloe: "Are you serious? It's too late Lo. He's already fallen for you. And I can't blame him for that. You're quite the catch."

Lois: "Thanks cuz. But I don't want to be the one that hurts you. So if you aren't okay with Clark and I then nothing else will happen."

Chloe: "..no. I don't want to deprive you or Clark from happiness. You both deserve it. I'm just gonna talk to Clark myself and if he's serious about you then I'll just have to let go and move on. I should have done that years ago and yet here we are. Just like when Clark and Lana first got together all over again. Only this time I didn't see it coming."

Lois: "Okay. But for what it's worth Chlo, the friendship you have with Clark is rare and maybe it doesn't seem like it but the guy really does care about you."

Chloe: "I know he does..it's just..hard to settle for a friendship when I've always wanted so much more than that."

(Lois' heart broke for Chloe and she gave her a tender hug which Chloe gratefully returned)