Arc 1 - Your Impression

Disclaimer: Mo Dao Zu Shi belongs to Mo Xiang Tong Xiu. The plots are mine.

Wei WuXian look into the small room that usually occupied by Jiang FengMian. As expected, the man was relaxing while reading beside the window. The view of sunset outside made the man look majestic.

A series of knocking interrupted Jiang FengMian's peaceful moment.

"Yes ...?"

"Do you mind if I interrupt you?" Asked Wei Wuxian with a streak of guilt painted on his young visage.

Jiang FengMian beckons him to enter. "Come and have a sit." Jiang FengMian pat on the bench.

"Thanks, Uncle Jiang." Wei WuXian plopped himself on the opposite end of the long bench. Jiang FengMian quietly observe his adopted son before he decided to mark his reading place. He waited as the young man fiddling with his fingers, trying to find his words.

'Hmm ... This must be serious, '

"Uncle Jiang, I know that you care about shijie, shidi and myself , all the same. However, it's a fact that people starting to talk about the next heir to the Jiang Sects.

It'll be much more prudent to show to the public that you'll choose Jiang Cheng. You know that most people are blind to the obvious things,"

"Did rumours makes you uncomfortable, A-Xian?"

"You know that I didn't care much about people's thoughts. I'm more worried of Jiang Cheng's self confidence."

"You'll need to sit and remind him ... that overconfident and rushing over things are totally not a leader things."

"I didn't even realize that you've grown so big and dependable."

"Uncle Jiang, when you brought me into your home, to be part of your family, I'm the most luckiest person,"

As senior disciple of Jiang Sect, I'll always be there for Jiang Cheng to support him. Still, I also have the duty as a son to my parents and their legacies."

So, Uncle Jiang ... I hope you won't be so angry with me and let me explain if there are rumours about me."

"A-Xian ... You've grown into a fine gentleman that your parents will always be proud of you."

"Which ... I have to thanks to you. Your support and love mean so much to me."

"Alright, thank you for the heads up about A-Cheng. He's my only heir, and like you've said ... I might have missed the obvious too."

"There's another matter and I hope you won't be offended." nervousness is running amok through his limbs.

"What is it, A-Xian?"

"We'll be away ... to study at Cloud Recesses for months. I hope that you'll take this opportunity to mend your relationship with Madam Yu,"

"What do you meant?"

"I know that you do love her very much, if your tolerance for her antics couldn't be more obvious. Sometimes, you'll need to be bold in expressing your love."

"A-Xian ... is there something that you're keeping secret?"

Ignoring his Uncle, Wei WuXian continue, "It's been more than 10 years ago that those rumours been circulating. I don't want people to try to take advantage or to create any rift between us. Madam Yu always harsh with me, but I love her. I accept her harshness as her unique way of taking care of me, to reign me from becoming unruly and dishonest."

"Madam Yu is a mother no matter how harsh she is to me. She also have her own children to think about."

"A-Xian ,"

"I'll take my leave, Uncle Jiang." Wei WuXian close the distance to hug Jiang FengMian. "I'm grateful that you've shown me the love of a father,"

~¿~¿~

Madam Yu,
I know that when I came into your family, I've brought distress and sadness. I'm truly sorry.

I know that you love uncle Jiang. I also know that uncle love you, in his silent way.

I hope that both of you'll be able to mend your relationship, while we'll be away for months.

Time is too short for us to be waste fighting over baseless rumours

Wei Ying

Yu ZiYuan stare at the letter in her hand. Wei Ying, courtesy name Wei WuXian ... His bright and cheerful personality at times overshadowed her children's. Jiang YanLi is gentle and caring while Jiang Cheng, courtesy name Jiang WanYin is serious and quiet.

The rumours about Wei WuXian being her husband's illegitimate son never bother her, because it's totally baseless. However, the rumour that her husband favours other child than his own ... is quite hard to ignore.

Furthermore as years pass by, it's obvious that Wei WuXian was much more talented and without doubt possessed stronger golden core.
His friendly nature also attracts many, like bees to honey.

Yu ZiYuan sighs, thinking of the young man that always followed by chaos wherever he goes.

~¿~¿~

Standing quietly at the top of watch tower, Lan XiChen observe the preparations of welcoming new batch of junior cultivators from another clans.

He just came back yesterday, from a meeting with Nie MingJue. As he passing by the old willow tree, a blind old lady grabbed his sleeve.

She was accompanying a young lady selling assortment of tassels and hair combs under the tree. I halted and turns to her, as she coarsely said,

"The calmness of azure blue,
The passion of crimson red,
The sweet fragrant of white magnolia,
The rebirth of red lotus,
In harmony bring forth prosperity

"I'm sorry young master, my grandmother didn't really meant to bother you. Usually she's stay out of others way."

"Its alright, young lady. Here, you could use this more than me," a silver money was put in the young lady's hand. Her eyes widened in surprise.

"Thank you, young master," she stammered in grateful.

"Your grandmother had imparted something that brightened my day,"

His eyes still following those disciples moving below but his mind so far away. Suddenly he catch his brother in blue standing under the magnolia tree, looking at the early bud of flowers.

He smiles fondly at his baby brother. Their harsh upbringing had sculpted them both into the twin jade of Lan. However, on Lan XiChen eyes, his baby brother is just like magnolia flowers ... purity, gentleness and dignity.

'In harmony ... bring forth prosperity,'

Fleetingly Lan XiChen heard the old lady voice as if in a dream.

______________________________________

Published (1020)

A/n - This is my first time at writing such story. Pardon me for any grammar mistakes, because English is not my mother tongue. Please vote if you like and leave any comment. Thanks