Arc 13 - Déjà vu? It can't be true ...

A/n - Due to author block, it took longer for me to update. Thank you for your support.🥺🥺🥺

"Abc," - normal conversation

'abc,' - thought

"Abc," - flashback

                              ~¥¥^¥¥~

"I haven't use a sword for so long. I'm not used to it." explained Wei WuXian with a sheepish look. Lan WangJi merely stare at Wei WuXian's face puzzling. He glanced down at the hand that was gripping on 'Suibian'.

Upon noticing the stare he's receiving, Wei WuXian added, "It's because this body of mine lacks spiritual power. So, even the best sword can't show it's true power in my hand. Therefore, Hanguang-jun, please protect this fragile and feeble man." Finished Wei WuXian with a soft smile.

~^~^~

'Will similar outcome to befall on me? Will I have to relinquish my cultivation?' Wei WuXian adjusted his grip on the hilt a few times, hesitant to unsheath his blade. His scrutiny of Suibian had taken a while, down to Lan WangJi also took heed of and halted his sword practice.

Lan WangJi's POV

Sword practice had begun for nearly half an hour ago. It's common for me to do my own practice for the first half of the lesson, before pairs up with other disciples. As my sword routine nearly come to the end, something caught in my peripheral view. Wei WuXian's aloof hold and his wistful stare on the unique blade had me put a stop to my motion.

'Which one is it?' I asked myself, at the slight frowning between Wei WuXian's eyebrows. 'Which memory you were reminiscing?' a strong sense of curiosity led my steps towards the unsuspecting Wei WuXian. I deliberately ignored all the curious stares.

"What is it, Wei Ying?" I waited for those twin stormy grey coloured eyes to make contact with mine. It's a tendency I pay attention to after our few conversations.

"It feels like ... déjà vu, Lan-er Gongzi," Wei WuXian flashed me with a smile before he was brandishing Suibian with ease. His footworks was slightly messy at first, but he was manouvering his sword swiftly and with confidence. It didn't took long for him to gain audiences.

'You're too strong for your own good,' I watched him for another minute, before returned to my own sword practice. If any of those memories I've saw in empathy will come to pass, I'll have to be prepared. There are too many to do and I'll need to gain Wei Ying's trust to discuss things further.

'Wei WuXian won't crumbles easily.'
.
.
.

Lan WangJi's recent consideration  towards Wei WuXian had piqued most of the young cultivators' awareness. Ever since he arrived at Cloud Recesses, many stories had been passed through the grapevine. It's one of the rules in Cloud Recesses not to spreading rumours about others, and will be punished once caught. Yet, it didn't totally stop disciples from spreading rumours discreetly, as long as they didn't get caught doing it.

Being the phenomenon, most of young disciples had known Wei WuXian as favoured senior disciple of YunMeng Jiang Sect. They learned of his talented skills, his well known character as cheerful and mischievous, although quite serious in sect matters. Rumours of him being the illegitimate child of Jiang FengMian's old romance nearly made Jiang Cheng blow his fuse.

One particular rumour of Wei WuXian, Lan WangJi and nightly rendezvous had Grandmaster Lan QiRen very close to cutting down the magnolia tree in the garden. It took combined effort of Lan XiChen and other Lan Elders' reasoning, with subtle suggestion from Jiang FengMian to cease the situation.

Being in the center of all those mess, Wei WuXian and Lan WangJi surprisingly saved from the knowledge.
.
.
.

'You're going to put me in a bind,' Wei WuXian thought sighing inwardly. Lan WangJi wouldn't be so bold. Those calculated looks he caught from time to time were a sure sign something will be in motion soon. Thinking of the younger twin Lan jade peculiar action, Wei WuXian was totally distracted from eating his meal.

"A-Xian ... Why you're not eating?" Asked Jiang YanLi softly. Once her brother able to move about, Jiang YanLi made it as her mission to monitor him closely. She doesn't want any similar event to happen anytime soon. Jiang Cheng and Nie HuaiSang also had been rope into by Jiang YanLi.

"I'm eating now," Wei WuXian took a bite and he can feel a pair of eyes' intensify more than others that we as watching him. Ever since he was awake from 'drowning accident', people was throwing a glance at him in curious more than worry. But he always conscious of a pair of eyes that do more than watching him with worry or curiosity.

"A-Xian! You'll choke on your food if you continue like that," Wei WuXian blinks at the sudden reprimanded. His bowl nearly empty of rice. 'Where did the rice gone?'

"Wei-gongzi ... This fruit for you," an outer Lan disciple put a basket of fruit on the table. Curiosity get the better of him, Jiang Cheng peeked under the cloth covering the basket.

"You have an admirer, Wei WuXian?" Whispered Jiang Cheng. "You've been getting many things recently."

"It's only a basket of fruit," said Wei WuXian not thinking too much.

"Your favourite fruit," Jiang Cheng at the moment not going to let go of his hunch. He's quite determine to get his message through.

"Don't bet on it," advice Wei WuXian, waving lazily as he stands. He selected a bunch of loquat to give to his sister and left the hall.

"Hey, Wei WuXian! Where do you think you're going?"

.
.
.

"It's been a week since he woke up,"

"Are we talking about A-Xian?" Jiang FengMian asked as he sip his tea.

"You know he's the one that's been heavily on our mind, lately," scowled Madam Yu.

"I'm merely want to make sure I didn't misunderstood. We should strengthen our sect in the meantime. Lan XiChen with the help of his brother will find out more."

"That brat could act convincingly," warned Madam Yu pouring some tea into her cup. She knew that fact very well, as she's been observing him for years.

"A-Li and A-Cheng will be around, they could lend some help if needed,"

"My lord, won't you want to find a girl for Wei WuXian?"

"My lady, I don't think it's a great idea,"
______________________________________

A/n - I might re-edit later 😅. Don't get too much hope, but you can pray for it 😉

Published (17/4/2021)

984 words