Arc 8 - Whose Salvation...?

Lan WangJi POV

"Lan Zhan, give me your forehead ribbon," demanded Wei WuXian and I look at myself. One second later, I was astonished to witness myself wrapping the forehead ribbon around each of our wrists.

'Who are you ... ?' I inwardly asked to myself seeing the interaction between the two teenagers. I look on, confused at my own subtle cheerful expression when Wei WuXian obeyed my others silent request to not sit on the stone table which the legendary guqin was on.

As time passed by, Ancestor Lan Yi appearance was unexpected and I half- ear listening to their conversation while my brain occupied with thought of how does it come to this situation that I am seeing.

'What was our relationship?' I'm kind of frozen in the iced cold space, when I saw the other me bow to ancestor Lan Yi, followed by Wei WuXian vowing to see to the matter together.

The surrounding was getting dim and I distinctly hear swords clashing. Screaming getting louder as the fog clears out. I can't recognise the surrounding, but there were flags of various sects either on the floor or abandoned leaning by pillar.

"A-Xian! Where are you?" I recognized the voice belongs to Young lady Jiang.

"Jie!" Jiang Cheng calling from somewhere amongst the battlefield.

"A-Xian!"

"Shijie!" I was stunned by the heartfelt cried. Wei WuXian was anxiously searching for his sister, worried sick of her safety.

"Wei Ying!" there, myself blocking an attack that was meant for Wei WuXian. Wei WuXian was grabbed by the other me. "Wei Ying, you have to make them stop first," the other me said, at the same time kicking an opponent and cutting off an arm of a fierce corpse.

A moment passed and Wei WuXian dazedly bring his hand up. A beautiful black dizi with red tassel in his grasp. The other me looked on for a while, however as soon as the first note joined the chaos, he turned away to fight off all the attacks.

There's no changing to surrounding and I can feel together with Wei WuXian something doesn't add up. The urgency that gripped Wei WuXian clouded his mind.

"I command you to stop! No more!" screamed Wei WuXian, dashing forward. Faithfully, I saw myself moving along to block any attack away from Wei WuXian seeing as Wei WuXian himself doesn't care.

"A-Xian!" Wei WuXian turn slightly to the right and finally found his sister. Jiang Cheng also turn around and saw his sister a few feets from him.

"Shijie!"

.
.
.

Wei WuXian POV

"Shijie! Shijie ... " I fell to the ground a few feets from Jiang Cheng. Shijie was supported by Jiang Cheng.

"Jie, it's alright ... It's only artificial wound," Jiang Cheng tried to console his elder sister.

"A-Xian ... Why did you go so fast? I didn't get to see you,"

"Shijie ..." I went closer and shijie's hand lovingly touch my cheek.

"A-Xian, I want you --" shijie look surprised for a second before with all her might she pushed me to the side. A blade embedded in her chest the next I look at her.

"Shijie! Shijie ... no ..." I feel the surrounding world collapsed. Someone had grabbed onto me and I instinctively pulled away. I can see Jiang Cheng screaming angrily, I can't hear what he's saying with all the buzzing in my ears. However I can imagine his blame on me.

'This is all my fault ... Jiang Sect, Lan Sect, Nie Sect, Jin Sect, Wen Sect ... Even my parents ...' I looked at all the cultivators too engrossed in fighting.

"Wei Ying!" Someone called me by my birth name. There he is, a few steps down below, helping others to fight off those fierce corpses and resentment energies at the same time as he was trying to reach me.

'Lan Zhan ... Don't come close ... I don't want to hurt you too. I don't trust my own action anymore.' I selfishly fixed my gaze on the only white clad figure gracefully parrying all the attack around him.

"Wei Ying!" He called me, once our eyes made contact. There's glint of worries in those golden yellow eyes. As always those gaze stole my breath away.

'Lan Zhan ... You're my beacon when I lost hope and I'm truly grateful for that.' I lamented over the fact that our relationship can't flourish under better circumstances.

"Wei Ying!" Another call for my name as he was hacking on fierce corpses that had risen. Lan Zhan grimaced at the double attacked he had to endure.

'I wish to make you smile more, Lan Zhan.' I took a step back fully aware the cliff is right behind me. I gripped tightly onto Chenqing by my side.

"Wei Ying!" The call of my birth name sounded desperate and I couldn't help to glimpse at Lan Zhan's anguish visage.

'Please forgive me for leaving you, Lan Zhan. I'm sure your future will be brighter,' I determinedly took a few steps back, longing to be in peace with this world.
.
.
.

"WangJi!" Lan WangJi opened his eyes to the sight of Wei WuXian's pale visage. Light sheen of sweat on his forehead told he's not being well.

"How are you feeling?"

"I think I know what he saw that made him fell into the koi pond." Lan WangJi stalling as he discreetly composed himself.

"What did he see ... That make him so frightened?" Jiang YanLi asked hesitantly.

"There was a big fight. Young lady Jiang arrived wearing mourning attire. Amidst the battlefield, Jiang Cheng and Wei WuXian trying to search for young lady Jiang. Seconds before they reach her, she was sliced on her back by a fierce corpse."

"What? ... no ..." Gasped Jiang YanLi disbelief.

"Wei WuXian was so devastated when Young lady Jiang pushed him aside to save him from being stab by a sword. Her death ... It seems her death was the final strike for him."

"The big fight ... Which Sects were involved?" Jin GuangShan pushed himself away from the wall he's been leaning on.

"All main sects except for Wen Sect."

"Lan WangJi ... what happened to A-Xian?" Lan WangJi glanced back at the Jiang family. The clan Leader look on seriously, hugging on his pale daughter. Jiang Cheng was looking at everywhere but at the person that making him frown heavily.

______________________________________

A/n - Let me know what you think of this chapter in the comments. Thanks for your support 😘

Published
1016 words

Re-edited (19/10/2021)
1055 words