Arc 7 - Envy

Published - 14 March 2020
1031 word

Republished - 22 March 2020
1421 words

____@@@__________________@@@____

A glittering butterfly pulled Lan XiChen attention from their debate about Wen RuoHan's latest movements with Jin GuangShan. The butterfly landed on his offered finger for a few seconds before it shivers and disappeared. However it is obvious to his companions that the butterfly bear significant news and it troubles Clan Leader Lan.

"Care to share with us?" Jiang FengMian inquiry softly.

"It was regarding Wei WuXian." Lan XiChen divulged, observing for his fellow leaders reaction. "It seems something had happened and he's unconscious after fallen into the koi pond."

"That's really weird. He is one of the best swimmer and diver from our sect." Spontaneously Madam Yu made the claim.

"WangJi said he was not really lucid when he fell into the pond." Informed Lan XiChen, quickly put the Jiang couple out of confusion.

"I'm worried this might happened sooner or later." Lan QiRen quiet admittance peaks their interest.

"Master Lan?" Nie MingJue raised an eyebrow.

"At the same night both of you left, Wei WuXian came to me searching for ... salvation or advice, maybe."

"What did he told you?" Jiang FengMian looked at his fellow cultivator anxious.

Lan QiRen took his time to observe and tried to gauge their reaction. "He told me the summary of those dreams he had and his own interpretation and reaction to those dreams."

"At least he found an outlet." Nie MingJue commented thinking it's as simple as that. He heartily munching on the steamed red bean served with oolong tea.

"You'll thank the god that he's not so ignorant, Clan Leader Nie," remarked Lan QiRen.

"What do you meant, Master Lan?" Nie MingJue on edge offended by the remark.

"A few days later, meaning today ... It might be too difficult to figure out, if he hadn't confided in me." Sighed Lan QiRen

"Are you willing to share with us your opinion of what was happening to Wei WuXian?"

"According to his stories, those dreams are not in order. There never any indication when it happened exactly, but he could tell when it will or might happen whenever he dream."

"Master Lan, you're telling us that Wei WuXian experienced ... prophetic dreams?"

"I'm sure it's more than that."

"What ... He gained something good?"

"He gained knowledge but lately, it affecting his physical too."

"Affected his physical ... Made him matured?" Jin GuangShan guessed skeptical.

"He dreamt of getting a few strikes of zidian from Madam Yu. He showed me it's manifestation on his body."

"Uncle, if he dream of ... Getting injured?"

"Depending on the severity of the injuries, he might be in danger." Replied Lan QiRen grimly. Jiang FengMian looked down at the hand rested on his elbow. He gripped on the fair and slender hand trying to reassure both of them that things might not be so severe.

.
.
.

After Clan Leader Lan XiChen received his message, a paper folded bird message arrived half and hour later. The Jiang couple immediately in unison touched the paper folded bird to get the message and without explanation they left the inn to head toward Cloud Recesses.