Arc 14 - If only

A/n - This chapter has been published on 13 June 2021. Re-published after I've made some editing on 18 November 2021.
_________________________________________

123 - present
123 - flashback from TU
123 - flashback original

"123" - normal talking
'123' - thinking

Quarter of the burning incense stick later, Wei WuXian had to fight a massive yawn from domineering his face. The contents of the lecture quite interesting, yet the tone used by their lecturer was making it impossible for Wei WuXian to stay awake. As the lecturer keep droning on, he also lulling Wei WuXian to fall asleep.

Ever since the incident, he found that it was easy for him to fall asleep if he was not alert. Sitting and listening to others voices, without himself participating had him fell asleep unknowingly.

"Lan Zhan, don't bother talking to him. Just search him," said Wei WuXian as he tried to pass Suibian to Lan WangJi, but he keep it after second thought. Without delay, Wei WuXian approached Xue Yang to find anything that might feel like yin iron.

"A young master from a famous clan is searching another man like this. Aren't you worried about your name if word spread out?" Xue Yang's comments halted Wei WuXian for a while.

"Sorry, among hundreds of clans, when it comes to being cheeky, no one can beat me," replied Wei WuXian smartly and he started to pat over around Xue Yang's torso and hip.

"Interesting," Xue Yang drawled with wicked smiles. Alas, it was in vain when it's clear he was not in possession of the yin iron.

Wei WuXian suddenly feel prickling sensation. He might be able to take a guess on who is the source of the uncomfortable feeling. Right now, Wei WuXian is raking his half fried brain to try to gauge the damage or the misunderstanding that he need to fix soon. He keep his head down to ensure master Lan QiRen didn't catch his current inattention and discomfort.

The last time he was caught having a vision while in the middle of lesson, master Lan QiRen had cancelled the whole day's lessons and he was subjected to an hour of interrogation. The last time he showed discomfort because of a mild headache, he was excused from lessons for the day.

Making the situation worst, Master Lan QiRen had made no explanation or excuses to other fellow disciples. Thus, several rumours had come forth. If Lan WangJi was known as the best student or prodigy, Wei WuXian was given the title 'Young Master'. Most young men would love to have such title, but for Wei WuXian it's more like a mockery rather than an honour. Young Master equal to commoner having no choice but to accept any special treatment or leeway without questions.

Wei WuXian used to be in the limelight. After having to go through all those great misfortunes, he's quite desperate to be low key for the moment. He knows he can't run away, but he hope to find some peace before he had to face the music.

Wei WuXian had to force himself to breathe, else he will started to hyperventilate. He understood that his body reacts to such a way as a safety measurements to alert himself. At times, he was not able to differentiate between reality and hallucination.

"Wei Ying," The soft call made him snapped his eyes opened. Curtain of white clothing in front of him.

"Lan Zhan," he sneak a glance around and realized only both of them occupied the lecture hall. He didn't even realize class have been dismissed.

"You need a healer?" Asked Lan WangJi.

"Does my appearance was such a mess?" Sighed Wei WuXian his energy spent.