Arc 3 - Chances

A/n - Hi, it's been a while. Enjoy! 😊

It has been a new habit he picked up. He will write down those vivid dreams to ensure he won't easily forget and to be able to try dissecting those dreams. This method also helps him to cope with all the emotional turbulence every time after he have those dreams.

Sometimes it felt so real that he can feel the pain deep in his bones. Everytime it happens, he has to meditate for hours to reassure of himself.
.
.
.
.

"Madam Yu, I'll ask someone to clean up this room."  Offer one of Madam Yu's personal servants.

"It's alright ... both of you can go. I will be here for a while longer." Madam Yu look around at the designated chaos that is Wei WuXian's room. Others might think it is a total chaos, but if you consider the room owner's character, you'll see all the things are purposely kept the way it is.

Madam Yu realized this unique information because there was a day she saw with her own eyes Wei WuXian rearranged everything that has been kept neatly into a chaotic state. Ever since small, he refused to wear purple clothes no matter the shades. Instead, he'll choose colours that once combined will get purple as the result.

Thinking out of box, he could be telling everyone who cares that he's different, he's not of Jiang Clan. Yet, he also subtlety let them know he does belong to the Jiang Clan.

Commonly, people will say he's a simple person. Easily forgetful, always take things lightly, never cares about others opinion. Still, there's another side of him that he rarely showed. It is like the opposite of his character that everyone can see. He never forgets and he do take things seriously. He would not do obvious changes. Instead he will do the changes subtlety.

Observing things in her surrounding meticulously, Madam Yu finally found a new bounded book. It's not so thick but thin enough that you'll miss it.

'A journal?'

Madam Yu open the book, expecting a messy writing like in his previous letter but surprisingly its very neat.

«»«»«»«»

The cold spring
.
.

I stands in a bamboo forest. There's a staircase leading downhill. The sound of water flows lead me to the pool. It's colder and the surrounding ground covered by light fog. A splash of water notify me I'm not alone.

In the pool, there's a figure with his flawless back facing me. "Lan WangJi," I heard myself calling out. The figure startled and reach out for the robe folded neatly by the bank.

"How did you know this place? You're not supposed to be here," he turn around after he finished putting on his robes.

"Your brother, Zewu-Jun informed me of this place," I took off my shoes, and eagerly joined him in the pool. The chill that entered me unexpected. "Wow, it's really is so cold,"

"Don't come closer," warned the figure with a stoic face. He didn't show even slightly the coldness of the pool.

"Your brother told me this place is good to heal the bruises faster. Do you always come --" I intend to walk closer to the figure as something pulls me under the water.
.
.

The Attack

.
.

Jiang Cheng and I stealthily enter the back door of Lotus Pier. The stench smell of blood is strong. I'm glad that we've left shijie in the forest. We climbed over the rooftop and get a clear view into the Sword Testing Hall.

"Both of them couldn't do anything after facing with Wen ZhuLiu." Report a voluptuous woman. She walks approaching two bodies on the floor. I recognized those bodies ... Uncle Jiang and Madam Yu. "Once he destroyed their golden core, they're just like sitting ducks." She smirked and kicked at Madam Yu. I feel angry boiling inside of me. Jiang Cheng falling backward onto the back garden had snapped me from the angry haze.

"Let's change the decorations ... bring down all the doors with lotus symbols and change it with the sun symbols." I heard their laughter as I chased after Jiang Cheng through the forest.
.
.

Golden core
.
.

"Then, what about you?" Young lady in red turned to ask. Her face calm but her eyes raging in silent. Her dignity held her back from screaming out her anger.

"I'll manage ... somehow. You know Jiang Cheng ... he's so driven to be the best. He can't take it well if he truly lost his golden core." I tried to persuade her once again feeling detached.

"I've never done it ... scratch that ... No body ever done it before," her soft tone heavy with doubt.

"I'm sure you'll be able to do it," I am convinced of her ability as a young healer. I've read her ideas and although different field of knowledge, I recognise a fellow talented people.

"Jie ..." a timid young man, putting tray of biscuits on the table.

"It's half-half," she admitted finally after a long silence. "If unsuccessful ... You might be cripple for life," her careful reminder made me feel warmth in my heart. She's similar to my shijie.

"Half is good ... everything will be alright." I said reassuringly not only to them, but also to myself. There still a chance to right the wrong.

"This will be a secret between the three of us," I nodded to the two siblings and they returned with sombre but determined nods. I'll restore his core no matter what.

«»«»«»«»
.
.
.

"FengMian!" Madam Yu was running to get to the pier. Jiang FengMian with a foot already on the boat, step back and wait for his wife.

"What had happened?"

"You're going to Gusu, right?" Madam Yu asked to reconfirm.

"Yes, there's a meeting," replied Jiang FengMian puzzling by the question.

"You should read this first,"

"A book? What book is this?"

"It's ... Wei WuXian's journal." Madam Yu pushed the bounded book in her husband's hand. Lord Jiang gave an amused look at his wife as he unbounded the book.

Minutes later and after rereading it for at least twice, Lord Jiang's face had gone pale slightly. He couldn't understand fully, but the gist he get was not good.

"You're still going to Gusu?"

"Straight to Cloud Recesses," replied the gentle clan leader with edge of steel in his voice. If this is a prank left behind by Wei WuXian, he might reprimanded him for the alarm. However, if it's not as simple as merely a bad prank, someone need to explain things further.

"I'm coming with you," informed Madam Yu, as she walk forward to step into the boat. Lord Jiang merely followed her action and silently gave instruction for them to depart. He clutched tightly on Wei WuXian's journal.

The scenery they passed along the journey never once took their attention. Lord Jiang and Madam Yu restlessness had the rest of the clan's disciples concerns.
______________________________________

Published (920)
Revised (940)

A/n - Some facts were changed to suit my story. Comments and vote are appreciate 😊

Re-edited (19 October 2021)
1160 words