Chapter 49: Fairy Tale Ending

Adrian nearly threw up.  Never in his whole experience as a crime-fighting superhero or as the son of a high-profile designer had he felt so nervous.  

He was wearing a black suit and green tie of Marinette's own making.  And he was terrified of messing them up.  Nino had left to get him a drink to calm his nerves and none of the other groomsmen were there yet.  So he was alone in the room when a voice suddenly cut in.

"You really need to calm done.  Nothing will go wrong."

In the mirror, he could see Luka standing behind him.  He whirled but no one was there.  

Luka sighed.  "I don't exist in this world physically.  I'm only in your head."

"Oh..." Adrian's voice was small.  "Well..."

Luka laughed and made a little cross-motion with his hand.  "You have my full blessing in case you were wondering.  I'm really happy for both of you.  I don't need to threaten you because I know you'll treat her right and look out for my son.  I know you'll move the world for her and treat her like your 'princess' and all.  She'll be happy and that's my number one priority.  I'm talking to her now and then that's the last you'll see of my consciousness.  This is your chapter with her.  Just give her a fairy tale ending.  If anyone ever deserved it, Marinette does."

Adrian smiled, a tear of joy leaking out of his eye.  "My chapter with her..."

"Thank you.  I'm glad she's in good hands.  Goodbye, old friend."

Adrian's face took a slightly sad undertone.  "Goodbye, Luka."

Down the hall, Marinette was equally nervous.  Her dress fit her perfectly and Alya gushed over it.  

Suddenly, over her shoulder in the mirror, she saw Luka hiding a laugh in his hand leaning against the door frame.  Then he was gone.

"Um...Alya?  I think I'm going to freak out.  Can you get me a glass of water?"

"Sure."

The second the brunette was gone, Luka re-appeared in front of her.

"Stunning as always, Mrs. Agreste."

"Luka..."

"I just talked to him and he's just as nervous as you are.  But I'll tell you what I told him: you two have my blessing, I'm happy for you and this new chapter is your own.  I came to say goodbye.  I won't be back in anything more than a memory."

"But Luka..."

"I stuck around for a while because you needed me.  You needed reassurance.  You don't anymore.  And you have Adrian now.  He will literally freeze the sun over for you."

"Luka..."

"I need to get out so you don't start confusing yourself.  I'll see you at the end."

"Luka!  Don't talk like that!"

He smiled.  "Adieu, Marinette."

"Adieu, Luka."

Alya, Juleka, Rose, Kagami, Mylene, and Alix all were laughing and sharing stories when Marinette walked in.  Alya jumped up and nudged her.  "Deja vu, much?"

Marinette laughed along with all the other bridesmaids, other than Kagami, who looked confused.  

"What did I miss?" she asked.

"Oh," Alix laughed.  "It's too much like the last time."

"Oh."

"Yeah," Alya joked.  "The only real difference is you and the color of the dresses.  I'm honestly wondering what happened in these last six years.  When you two first met, she hated you."