birthday

I bought an Eevee onesie and slippers!! I'm in love

I wake up to a sudden bark, right in my ear. I yelp as I sit up, to see growly right next to me, his tail thumping against the bed as he wags it.

"Oh, it's just you." I place my hand on my chest to calm my racing heart.

He wakes me up further by giving my face a good licking, followed by me forcing him back into his pokeball.

"Right..." I mumble and open my door to go wash my face, but I'm jumpscared once more, by my three eager teammates.

"Ah!!" I shriek and fall back on my butt, making me cringe.

"Happy birthday!" They say in unison, making me glare up at them.

"What?" I stand (painfully) to my feet.

"Sinse it's your birthday," Jessie starts

"We decided to surprise you!" James finishes. They're always doing that. Finishing each other's sentences.

"And what better way to do it then by making you an official member of our team!" Meowth says, making me gasp.

"Wait, really?" I try to contain my excitement, in case this is all some dumb prank.

"We called the boss last night, and he confirmed it!" James says, smiling down at me.

"After some negotiating, of course."

Meowth adds.

"After all, 15 is the youngest age for an official team rocket member." Jessie says.

I ball my fists and smile hugely, squealing as I huge the three of them at the same time.

"Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!!"

Later...

"So, how's it feel to have your first lunch as an official member of team rocket?" Jessie says with a smirk.

"Great! Especially sinse it's my first meal in a month that's not either freezer Burned or stale." I mumble the last part.

We went out to eat a cheap ramen place, and it's honestly not great, but I'd never tell them that.

My friends are the best.

That night...

No one's pov

Y/n lay sleeping in her bed, with growly close by her side. Both lay sleeping soundly, neither can detect the people in the bushes outside her window.

"Ugh, this is where Jessie lives, isn't it?" Cassidy says with disgust.

"And that James." Butch crosses his arms.

"C'mon. It's time." Cassidy says as Butch nods.

Cassidy pulls out her switch blade, and shimmies the blade between the wooden frame of the window and the wall.

With a few wiggles and some shoving, she gets the window open.

Butch chuckles darkly as she opens the window very slowly.

She climbs in, landing stylishly on her feet.

She grips the rope tightly, but freezes when she sees the giant Arcanine guarding the girl.

"Uhh... Cassidy..." Butch whispers, as he notices the behemoth Pokemon.

"Shhh!" She tries sneaks up to the bed, leaning over the sleeping girl.

•••

"Wakey wakey..." y/n lifts her head, which aches from being slouched over.

She opens her eyes which are met with harsh sunlight, making her squint up at the figure.

"Any of this seem familiar y/n? I mean, you should know where we are." Cassidy's sweet voice invades y/n's ears, making her vision focus on the two standing above her.

She gasps, her heart rate begining to pick up.

"B-but-" she tries to fit the pieces together, realizing they must've kidnapped her after she went to bed.

"B-b-b-b" Cassidy mocks, followed by a wicked laugh.

"Geez kid, talk much?" Butch jokes making the two erupt in laughter.

All the while, y/n schemes a plan. How can she escape? They seem to have her, but she won't give up.

As clever as Butch and Cassidy are, they're also extraordinary dumb. So she has no issue outsmarting them.

Let's see. They always told us to look for weaknesses in the enemy, wether it's a Pokemon battle or another person.

I remember cassidy got super uncomfortable when I'd cry in front of her. Sure, it was only the one time, but it was super awkward.

Butch... Hm...

Y/n smirks at her clever plan.

She screws her face up to look sad, and tries to think about tear-inducing things.

Like Pokemon abandoned by their trainers, soulmates being separated, or those videos of babies getting glasses and seeing their mom for the first time.

Nothing. She thinks about James. And his much she loves him. How she'd do anything for him.

He's probably worried right now... If they've even noticed I'm gone...

That leads her to think about losing her friends, from dying in a tragic accident.

This makes tears slide down her cheeks.

She quietly sobs, half involuntarily and half forced.

"Quiet down back there!"

Cassidy and Butch sit in the cab of the van, that thankfully has an open wall.

Oh yeah, I know how to make Butch uncomfortable!

Cassidy gives her a strange look.

"What're you doing? Stop that!" She approaches the girl.

Y/n pretends to be the biggest crybaby, really hamming it up.

"What is it? Why are you crying??" She demands, her voice shakey.

Butch pulls over and runs to the back with a pokeball in hand.

"Butch... Oh Butch... I've always loved you... You can't do this to me darling! You can't!"

He stumbles and blushes, giving her an "are you insane?" Look.

"Come on Butch... Untie me won't you? I'll forgive you for trying to kidnap me, I love you butch-ey." Y/n mentally throws up, hating every moment of having to flirt with her enemy.

"That's it, move it, kid!" Cassidy pulls y/n up to stand with one big yank on her restraints, making her stumble.

"Outside!" Cassidy barks.

Y/n winks at Butch, making him tense up visibly.

"I can't take this anymore! It's not worth it!" Cassy pushes y/n out of the van and into the dirt, pushing the wind from her lungs.

"Oof!" She turns over, to see the two smirking as they shut the van food and drive off.

"Welp. That worked." Y/n says, half sarcastically.

I'm out of ideas if y'all want to read anything specific please tell me I'm lost😂