Chapter 4: Just Hold Me

They all went out to the parking lot. They were standing there all numb and shocked. Bailey finally said "I could use a beer.."

"We could all use one. I have a 24 pack in my fridge..lets go." Bucky said

They all got into their cars or on their bikes to head to Bucky's apartment. Bailey pulled in beside him. "Ms Fancy Pants.." he said as he walked over to her.

"Shut up.." she said

"Looking all city girl in that car. And you cut your hair too baby..what have you done with my Bailey Jane.." he said as the rested their foreheads together.

She smiled at him. "Im still me..I just my jeep broke down..it finally kicked the bucket." She said

He let out a laugh. "Oh baby I miss that sass of yours lets go inside." He said

She followed him inside as everyone parked. They all started to drink their beers and remember the good times. But it was hard for Bailey to not look for her brother.

He had the biggest laugh and she would always look to see if he was laughing too. By two hours in they were all laughing about the good times they had but their laughs started to turn into tears.

That was all they had left of Bradley James Barnett. The good times of the summers spent at the lake house going to Carowinds Amusement Park during the summer as well. Roadtrips to Florida and sports. The boys had their military memories.

They all looked down and wiped tears. "Thanks for the beers Buck.." Steve said

"Welcome.." he said

They all started to leave and agreed to meet at Joe's house in the morning. Bucky shut the door behind them he walked back to his kitchen.

"Hey gorgeous.." he said as he stood in between her legs and drank his beer.

"Can I stay with you?" She said

"Of course..you know you dont have to ask.." he said

"Will you get my bag out of the car?" She said

"Yeah baby.." he said as he took her keys.

He got her bag and came inside. They went upstairs to his bedroom. "Can I use your shower?" She said

"Yeah..its in here.." he said as he opened the bathroom.

She started to get undressed as he showed her where the towels were. "Um well I will um let you get to it.." he said

She got inside the hot shower. "Buck.." she said

He stopped at the door. "Yeah darlin.." he said

"Will you just hold me?" She said

"Yeah baby.." he said as he got undressed.

He fixed the shower to hit him too. He held her and rubbed her head as they both cried. She held him as they stood there till the water turned cold.

They got out and went into his bedroom. After she pulled her new panties on he pulled one of his old football t shirts on her.

"Thank you.." she said

"Welcome baby.." he said

They laid down in his bed and he cuddled her. "Its been a long day baby lets get us some rest. Its going to be a rough couple of days." He whispered

"Yeah.." she said as they both slowly tried to get some sleep.