𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

1984

1984—

"HOLY SHIT" Charlie said and shuffled to Chet quickly.

"Are you okay?" she asked him and he looked at her confused.

"Am I okay? Are you?" he said and Charlie nodded.

"Thank you for doing that" she said and he nodded, moving his hand up to cup her cheek.

"I didn't like the way he touched you" he said "I want to be the only one" he added, making Charlie blush.

"Chet, look at me" Charlie said "I need to go find Xavier, i-if I die, just know that-" she started but Chet cut her off by connecting their lips.

"You won't die" Chet said "Don't worry about me, I'll be fine" he said and Charlie nodded, feeling reassured.

"Take my jacket, it's really cold" he said and took it off, handing it to her.

With one last hug, Charlie went off, following the path to the Cafeteria.

Chet went off into the forest, to say he was worried was an understatement.

What if Charlie died? Or he did? Thoughts were racing quickly in his brain.

Charlie finally made it to the Cafeteria and went in, finding Xavier talking to Bertie.

"You don't understand! We're all gonna die! He's slaughtering everyone like dogs!" Xavier pleaded and she just shook her head.

"What is it about this place that makes everyone see the boogeyman. Calm down, take a breath" she said.

"B-But-" Charlie pleaded and was shushed by Bertie.

"I'm gonna heat you both up some Swiss Miss-" she started but the sound of keys cut her off.

"It's him! Charlie come on!" Xavier grabbed her hand and slid them under the table.

Tears started rolling down her cheeks as Xavier hugged her close.

"I-I didn't know they let you out" Bertie said

"They didn't" He replied, sitting close to where Xavier and Charlie were.

The conversation went on until Xavier dropped his flashlight, causing a thud to erupt.

Jingles was alarmed and looked under the table to see the two huddled together.

Xavier rushed forward to try and get away and Charlie rolled sideways, standing to her feet.

She grabbed a broken pole and went for Jingles, but he grabbed the pole and cracked her wrist.

He then hit her over the head with the pole knocking her unconscious.

The last thing she heard was a faint.

"Charlie!"

end.
eleven.