Meeting

I was sitting in my office, doing the paperwork when, my phone rang. Xander calling me to his office.

I knocked on the door, after a soft 'come in' , I went inside. Xander asked me to take a sit on the chair.

" Rose, there is a meeting regarding our new site for the business in London. I want you to tag along. If we loose this deal it will cause a great loss. You are really potential so I insist you come and help to finalize this deal."  He said

" No problem Xander. I will come." I replied.

" Ok. Then I'll ask Maddie to book two tickets to London. Uhh... I hope Xavier won't mind. Right?" He asked quietly

" No he won't Xander. When are we going?" I asked

" Next week. Pack your bags by Sunday. I'll pick you up early morning on Monday. Now you can leave. Reach home safely." He said and continued with his work.

I left the office, picked my keys from my desk and walked towards the parking. I started the car and headed home.

I reached home and directly went towards my room. 

"Angie i'll change and come and then we can set the table." I called out from the stairs and closed the door of my room without waiting for a reply.

it was a habit now, I'd come from office, change and helped Angie set the table and then we would eat together.

After changing I went down and saw a man with his back facing me on the dinning table. I saw Angie standing next to him and serving him with a huge smile. The man looked oddly familiar.

Of course it is Xavier.  

Well, now that is awkward. I went to the table and sat in front of him. After serving us Angie went back to the kitchen, I think to give us some privacy. The silence and the awkwardness was so thick that even a sharp knife couldn't cut.

"ummm... hi. How is your business there? all set?" I broke the silence by asking him first.

"yes. Now all is set. How is your health now?" he said.

After that none of us tried to speak. Dinner was a silent affair. After that we retired to our rooms by wishing each other good night.

As soon as my head touched the pillow, I was in dreamland.