[01] traves

Title;
strawberry kisses

Travis' P.O.V

it's a saturday afternoon, laying on the grass with my love. she's been feeling down recently and i wanted to make her feel better. whether or not she enjoys the outdoors she seems to be in a swell mood, her frown disappeared once we arrived here. we have been laying here for quite some time, i just wanted to comfort her. though i'm sure she thinks of us as only friends, which is completely okay. as long as i'm still a part of her life, still am able to support her when she needs a friend the most.

but i must admit that i've fallen deeply for her, we met first year of college and have been inseparable since, a good friendship that i'm glad to be a part of. she is the highlight of my life and makes my heart feel whole. though she deals with quite a lot when it comes to relationships, her past partners haven't treated her too well, but she refuses to believe that it's there fault for why it never worked. only blaming it on herself, i just want to be the one to reassure her that she's done nothing wrong. that she is the one who tries and deserves the best out of people who may treat her the worst. i wish she could see what i see.

"travis," y/n cooed my name whilst waving a tired hand in front of my confused eyes. "you zoned out, is everything okay?" her smile faded into a concerned expression, she has such a warm heart. i'm glad i fell for her.

"everything is epic, i'm fine, was just day dreaming,"

she seemed to calm down and return to the laying position she was once in. i lied i wasn't just day dreaming, i was trying to work up the courage to ask her if we could become more than friends. i have a fear of rejection, she's a sweet person so i highly doubt she'd do anything to harm me, or anyone for that matter.

"actually... y/n, i've been thinking quite a lot recently- it's stupid but- i"

"yes i will go on a date with you." she spoke with a serious look on her face. how'd she know? my stomach felt like it sank in that moment. "nah i'm just kidding, what did you want to tell me?" she did a squinty smile and leant on her hands to see me face to face.

"i- um... well, you were right." she tilted her head, then suddenly formed an 'o' shape with her mouth.

"wait, you want to go on a date with me?" her beautiful eyes beamed up at me with quizzical intent.

"yes, i've been wanting to for quite sometime, i just get super nervous around you" my voice cracked throughout the sentence, causing her to giggle and pull me into a hug. a hug that was needed, one that i wish would have lasted for a lifetime.

"of course i will," she kissed my cheek after saying the words i was waiting for. "i've actually liked you for a while, i always thought you'd never feel the same so i'd try dating. obviously none of that worked. i'm glad it didn't." her smile was so big and bright in that moment, i could feel my cheeks darkening in colour.

"i'm glad i fell for you"

- end