#3: Not all friendships stay afloat in your life

//THREE//

Hi everyone! How are you all feeling today? Today, I thought I'll just sit down on the couch and chat with you all about friendships in this chapter of #NoFilter.

As we all know, friendships are important in our lives. They bring us joy, help us to understand others and ourselves and help us build our memories and inner values. Friendships are the connection of lost souls that once put together, they're no longer as lost.

But some friends aren't meant to stay forever.

These friends could be the 'toxic friends' that only use us for their benefit but never give anything back, there are also the 'friends' that are only 'there' to kill time/sit with (especially in school). Per example,

*school scenario*

~Hi so what homework did we have today?

Oh you know this algebra thing on pg.69.

~Ah thanks. Would you mind me seeing it? I want to make sure mine is correct.

Yeah, no problem.

~Did you hear that new BTS song? It's amazing!

Oh I love it so much. Can't stop playing it.

~conversation continues~

*last bell of the day rings*

You two wave at eachother and once you exit the school boundaries, it's like you don't know eachother. (Um, who dis?) Quite a common thing.

But those friendships that naturally fade? These can happen too. You two just seem to be drifting apart whilst you're on page 100 of your life whilst they're  figuring out theirs on page 40.

For example, you're trying to find your passion or you're already lucky enough to be knowledgeable of it and just want to pursue it but you feel like you can't talk about it with your friend anymore as that friend is stuck in a completely different mindset (perhaps all they care about is partying and boys/girls or both!) and you feel like you're not connected anymore.

Just remember that there's nothing wrong in that though. Simply, you are growing up at a different pace than theirs and that's OKAY. Growth and development happens in different stages for different people. It's not an all size fits all.

I think you should take in consideration your own happiness and whether you're still happy in that friendship. If no, perhaps letting them go whilst you work on yourself could be your potential option. Don't EVER let anyone stop you from doing what you want to do. Nor, don't let anyone suck your energy out of you to the point where you need to hold your throat to breathe in their company. That does happen too and I want you to think about it. I actually felt that personally and it was draining and in the end didn't make me happy. You have to value your happiness because it is seriously so important. Take time to figure yourself out in the world and meet people that will embark on your present journey, not the past.

Have any of you felt this way? Felt like you're distancing yourself from a friend but knew it was for a good reason? Like letting them go felt like you're breathing fresh air? Did the outcome actually help you in finding your pathway and help your growth? If so, tell me more in the comments section.

I'm always curious to read your comments and your stories :)

Sending you all virtual hugs,

KinderKari 💖