Chapter five

Mazikeen's P.O.V.
Today, Alibaba will try to talk with his brothers, so I walked up to the palace. Actually, my father and him wanted to wait until help from other countries came but I know Alibaba. He won't wait, so of course, I'll be there, too, just in case. It's not only me but also J and Rubs. We didn't have problems in getting into the palace since we knew Ahbmad and his brother. We already could hear Ahbmad shouting before we made it inside. "Don't be ridiculous! You piece of trash!" As we walked inside Ahbmad was running at Alibaba with a sword in his hand, however, before we could do anything Alibaba shoved the sword out if his hands and slapped him. I put my hands on my hips and smirked a little. "That's unexpected but I can't say that I feel sorry for him." I thought. Ahbmad fell to the floor and Alibaba began speaking. "Ahbmad. There's no question that during you reign the Kou Empire's relentless intervention thwarted you from governing the people justly. But, no one would agree to continue being ruled by the man who drove this country to such dire straits. So, as of right here and now we're having you step down from the throne." He now stood in front of Ahbmad. "So.. that's his solution, huh?" I thought smiling. Ahbmad looked up at him, shocked. "I-I am the king!" He turned towards his guards. "Kill him! He's a traitor who schemed to assassinate your leader! Capture him and chop off his head!" He yelled but none of the guards moved. Ahbmad fell to his knees. "But.. but I'm the twenty-third ruler of this country." He said desperately. "It's been over for quite a long time now, Ahbmad." Sahbmad said. "But... But I am..." He looked to the floor, defeated. Footsteps were heard and when I looked up a smile came to my face. "What on earth is this commotion about?" Kougyoku asked. "What do you think we should do? Most likely she's Ahbmad's betrothed." Sahbmad asked Alibaba. Alibaba seemed to think about it as his face showed determination. "I came here because I heard some kind of commotion. I'm the eighth princess of the Kou Empire, Ren Kougyoku. I'm king Ahbmad's fiancee." Kougyoku introduced herself. My eyes widen. "Gyoku is betrothed to Ahbmad?" I thought shocked. "Pardon me, I've still never had the pleasure of seeing his majesty's face. So, which one of you here is the king?" She asked, looking around. "That- That's me!" Ahbmad exclaimed while holding his swollen cheek. As Kougyoku saw him, she took in a breath and stared in shock and disgust. "I see." She finally said, looking disappointed. "Actually.." A man began as he came forward between the guards. He wore a white cloth on his head and held a staff in his right hand. He had a huge smile on his face. My eyes narrowed at the sight of him. "Al-Thamen."  I thought. "None of us is certain as to who the king is exactly." He continued. Ahbmad looked at him shocked. "The coup d'etat has just taken place and it seems lord Ahbmad will be abdicating." He finished. "B-b-banker, curse you!" Ahbmad shouted and pointed at him. Kougyoku was in thought for a moment before she spoke. "I've come here to marry the king of Balbadd and to ratify our agreement. That won't change, no matter who's king. So please decide who your next monarch will be immediately." I looked at Kougyoku strangely. "Why is she acting like this? This isn't her usual self." I thought. Barkak suggested Shabmad but he declined, saying he isn't qualified. Everybody expected Alibaba to be the next king but he, too, declined. He started explaining, that he wanted Balbadd to be a republic. Kougyoku looked a little scared and desperate but also angry. I walked up to her from behind and laid a hand on her shoulder. She turned around and her eyes went wide. We already knew each other but this wasn't like her. I heard Ka Koubun gasp as he saw me but didn't pay attention to him. Kougyoku turned back and looked down after she saw the face I was giving her. I wanted her to stand back and don't get herself into this mess. "... And devote my life to serving Balbadd!" I heard Alibaba say as I let go of Kogyoku. "Well, well. So that's your answer, Alibaba?" A voice behind me said. I turned around and saw my father with some other people behind him standing there. "Sinbad!" Alibaba said in shock. "I can see that your in the middle of a personal  crisis here so pardon me." After some explanation who the people were and why they're here, Alibaba and Kougyouku began to discuss again. I frowned at her. After some time my father butted in the conversation and Kougyoku thought about something before she looked at me. Everybody looked at what she was looking at and when they saw us three some gasps were heard. I crossed my arms as I looked at her. After a few seconds I shook my head with my eyes closed. She sighed and looked at Alibaba again. "This issue is best left to the emperor." She finally said. Ka Koubun's eyes widen. "H-huh?" He asked shocked. "However I do have one condition. If Balbadd is joining the Seven Seas Alliance and it's really true, then you must appear before our emperor with proof, king Sinbad." She said. He nodded. "I shall come without fail." He agreed. "Very well." She left with that, Ka Koubun running behind her. The guards began to cheer while Alibaba sighed in relief. After everyone calmed down Alibaba and my father started talking while J, Rubs and I stood beside Ahbmad, who was kneeling on the floor. They talked until the banker interrupted them. I glared at him the whole time. A guard came and informed us about the crowd outside. Alibaba left immediately with the rest staying inside for a moment. J and Rubs walked over to Shabmad and Ahbmad while I still looked at the banker. He turned to me and we met eyes. We both glared at each other before he turned and left. I stood there with my arms crossed and glaring at his back until I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked behind me and saw my father looking at me with a worried expression. I gave him a smile and he put his hand down. Instead he put his hands on his hips, looking down at me. "Why are you here?" He asked with a frown. "I know Alibaba. I knew he would do this, so how could I stay put of this if I could help?" I asked giving him a toothy grin. With that we left to go look for Alibaba again.