Changing Rio - Ch.2

I nodded once and walked towards the largest, loudest pool, where the music made the water break-out in shivers. I decided that this would be the place for me my time in Mexico. There was young couples, groups of friends and the odd little brother and sister splashing about...there was no middle-aged or old people to stop my fun.

"Hey!" One of the youngest members of staff shouted towards me, "Pretty girl come and join us!"

I shrugged and strutted over to about five tanned Mexican men surrounding a hut, which held a sound system, providing music, prizes for the games and competitions they would play and plates of food, stopping them from being hungry, I presumed.

"What are you called?" The younger one continued. He must have been about twenty one or something. He was probably the son of the manager or something like that.

"Rio."

"Ooo, I like it!" one of them piped up, describing my name as 'exotic'.

For a couple of hours, they were the ones to seize my boredom. We danced, drunk and laughed at random things. They took me to the snack bar, besides the pool and cooked me up some paella. I didn't find it that appetizing, but I shovelled it into my mouth anyway, not wanting to seem rude towards my New Mexican friends.

As the clock struck four, the first bit of fun ended, "We all gotta go!" Santos told me, "We have a show tonight to rehearse for. You'll come, yes?" 

I nodded, "Maybe."

"See you then, then," they each kissed my cheek and leaded away, leaving me stranded for a few minutes.