Chapter 2: New Life.

Thomas was laying on his hammock looking up at the stars, he couldn't sleep that night, something kept bothering him, something was definitely wrong here. Out of sudden, this place started to seem familiar to him...like he's been here before and he needed to become a Runner, he knew somehow that he was destined to become one "Hey Chuck, I want to become a Runner" he whispered in a low whisper so that only Chuck could hear him.

"Wha- No! Drop this idea right now." Chuck replied slightly shocked by what Thomas's just said.
"Look, Chuck, I feel like I've been in this place before, everything here seems familiar to me...I have to try myself out as a Runner" Thomas looked at Chuck confidently. "I said drop this idea now. Becoming a Runner tantamount to self-suicide, got it? Now sleep. You've got a Tour tomorrow" Chuck turned away from Thomas not willing to continue this nonsensical argument anymore.

Thomas, however, couldn't stop thinking about becoming a Runner, he had to become one, no matter how many times he will be told not to do so.Perhaps he should ask Newt tomorrow, a thought occurred to him. Newt is the second in command eventually, if he allows Thomas to be a Runner, that would be great.

He  couldn't wait to become a Runner and explore the Maze, there's gotta be a way out of here, whoever arranged this test will pay for that. But Thomas wasn't seeking revenge right now, all he could think about was how he will become a Runner and find a way out of this place. He also wanted to get his memories back.

"Wake up, Greenie! It's time for the Tour" A familiar voice whispered in Thomas' ear. Thomas opened his eyes and saw Newt standing in front of him, the sun was rising slowly. "Yeah yeah, I'm coming. Can you wait a bit? I've got to well you know..wake myself up, if that makes any sense to you" Thomas attempted to put as much sarcasm as he could into his saying.

"Alright, Greenie, but hurry up, I can't wait to begin this Tour" Newt said as he made a step backwards.
"Why are you in such a hurry, Newt?" Thomas asked him, he knew it was stupid to ask that question but curiosity was killing him. "Greenie,  just shut up, okay? All questions after the Tour" Newt said rather annoyed.
"Okay okay, calm down, jeez. I'm simply asking why, is all. It's not that  big of a deal" Thomas got up and stretched. "Lead the way, Mr Annoyed" Thomas said sarcastically. Newt ignored him and started his way towards the Gardens. Thomas followed him behind, he decided to remain silent, not wanting to bother Newt with his questions.

To be continued....