Chapter 4: Teresa

While working all Thomas was thinking about is how to become a Runner and how to escape this Maze. He knew it wasn't going to be easy but who said he couldn't try at least? If he succeed in finding a way out of here, that would be great. Everyone will be thankful for having him in The Glade.

Suddenly everyone started to gather around the Box, he narrowed his eyes in confusion. "What's going on there?" He wondered and dropped his shovel before running up to the crowd, he tried to squeeze through to see what happened but failed to do so. "That's a girl...." Newt said rather shocked. Everyone gasped. Thomas shook his head in disbelief. "A girl? Here? That's odd"

As soon as they pulled out the dead body, Thomas walked over to take a closer look at the said girl. "Everything will change soon" the girl suddenly sat up and said, and before others could react on it, the girl fell into a coma. "Hey there's a note in her hand!" Someone said in the crowd. Newt knelt down to take a small sheet of paper and unfolded it, it said the following "She's the last one" Newt looked at everyone, his face was emotionless. "What, what's written there?" Everyone asked. Thomas had the same question in his head. "Nothing good. Med-jacks take her to the Homestead and lay her next to Ben, everyone else can get back to work" Newt got up and walked off in unknown direction.

"What's up with that dead girl, I wonder" Thomas said on his way to his hammock. "Greenie, we have to talk about something" Alby's voice could be heard behind Thomas. "Oh? sure what is it? Thomas stopped and turned to face Alby. "You...know anything about that girl? Does she seem familiar to you? Perhaps you've seen her before you arrived here? Before the Glade, I mean." Alby asked. "N-no she doesn't seem familiar to me at all...why?"

"Are you sure about that, Greenie? You know, it's kinda odd that she arrived the day after your arrival, don't ya think? It's rather coincidental. Now can you think again and tell me the truth?" Alby crossed his arms.

Thomas didn't like the way Alby was speaking to him and that he was bothering him with all these interrogations. He wasn't sure how to respond to that so he just remained silent.

To be continued....