Chapter 5: Minho

Thomas clenched his hands into fists and looked away for a moment, why was Alby asking him about the girl he didn't know, he has never seen before..or maybe he has? Who knows? All his memories of the past were gone..as if he was never a kid before, as if he never existed. And that kept bothering him. It seemed, the silence would last forever but Thomas broke it. "No I don't know her. Why are you asking me?"

"Hey hey calm down, Greenie. I was just wondering, is all. You can get back to whatever you were doing, we will talk later about this" Alby shrugged and walked off leaving Thomas alone with his thoughts. "Yeah we won't talk about this ever again" He thought to himself, he didn't really understand why Alby hated him so much, he was new around here and didn't know anything, how was he supposed to know about that girl?

Thomas grabbed his shovel and continued digging a hole in the ground, not really knowing why he was doing that, all he wanted right now is to finish this and go back to his hammock, he still had so many questions running through his mind, but he knew they will be left unanswered.

A tall Asian guy walked past Thomas and stopped to catch his breath. "That must be one of the Runners" a thought occurred to him. Suddenly he fell down on the ground, he looked haggard. "Hey you okay?" Thomas ran over him and knelt down "Yeah yeah I'm okay, I just need some water and I'll be fine" Minho sat up heavily breathing and looked at Thomas "Who are you, shank? He asked. "I-I'm Thomas" Thomas replied.
"Oh yeah I've heard about ya, the newbie, the one who keeps asking questions despite the fact that he's been told not to" The guy laughed a bit. "My name is Minho by the way. It's nice to finally meet ya, shank" He then added. "Minho, you came back! Glad to see you alive" Alby appeared behind Thomas. "I have to tell you something... Can I?" He raised his eyebrow at Thomas thereby asking if Thomas could listen to their conversation. "Yeah sure go right ahead and spill it out. I don't care what this shank hears. Just tell me already" Alby said impatiently.

"Well, I found a dead Griever....you can think whatever you want about this but that's the truth" Minho sighed.
"A dead Griever? Wha-what? How?" Alby narrowed his eyes in shock. The same questions Thomas was asking himself.  "I don't shucking know, man. It is just there laying on it's back, dead, if ya want we can check it out together tomorrow"

To be continued....