Chapter 3: The Maze

As Thomas and Newt approached The Gardens, Newt looked at Thomas then back at The Gardens "This place we call The Gardens, this is where we plant food and such, got it? If so, let's go, I'm gonna show ya the rest and then ya can take some nap" Newt explained.

After a few hours (Thomas didn't really count the amount of time they spent on the Tour) Thomas flopped on his hammock and looked up at the sky thinkingly. Newt, however, wasn't planning on leaving Thomas alone with his thoughts just yet. "You haven't told me your name, Greenie" Newt reminded Thomas.

"Uh oh, yeah I haven't. I recall my name now. It's Thomas" Thomas replied. "Okay, Tommy. You didn't ask me about anything at all during our Tour, you were respectful towards me, which is nice. Now have ya got any questions or can I go?"

"Well, there's like thousands of questions you haven't given answers on, but I will ask only a few. First of all, what are these big walls over there? What are they for?" Thomas hoped that Newt will answer at least on these questions. "They guard us from The Grievers" Newt's answer was short. Thomas was about to ask him what are Grievers but Newt was gone. Thomas shrugged and shortly after fell asleep.

The next morning he opened his eyes and quickly sat up "Wha-what was that?" He asked into the emptiness. Chuck was gone. "Good morning, sleepyhead! Are ya ready for work? Ya gonna show us your skills" Newt walked up to Thomas. "My skills? What do you mean? Dude, what are you even talking about? We are teenagers, we aren't supposed to work yet..." He said as he looked at Newt lazily.

"I know, Tommy, I know. But everything we do here, every single day we are trying to figure the way out of this bloody Maze. And if ya don't work, there are gonna be consequences, we are trying to keep everything in clean and organised, ya know? So please stop and do what you are told to do, okay?" Newt gave Thomas a death stare. "Alright alright, I'm coming" Thomas padded towards the first " "curator", apparently, that's how they called the people who were in charge of a specific place.

He was sent to The Gardens, he didn't really like being a gardener but he didn't complain, he knew it was only for one day, to show his skills and knowledge.

To be continued....