Chapter 7: The Hero

"Are you insane, shank? What were you thinking about when going inside? You know that there's no way we can survive this night, right? Nobody has before and nor can we, so you can say goodbye to your life, you've just signed a death contract, you idiot!" Minho said heavily breathing. He wiped away the sweat from his forehead.

Thomas didn't believe his ears, he came to save their lives, to help them get out of here but instead of saying thanks to him all he could hear is Minho calling him idiot and stuff like that. "I-I just thought that you need help so...I..."

"Dude, we weren't going to make it anyways, you broke the first rule of The Glade, I don't know what Newt is going to do about it" Minho snapped.

"I'm sorry...what happened to Alby?" Thomas lowered his head and let out a soft sigh. "That griever turned out to be alive. Alby just got bitten because he was the only thing that stood on Griever's way...and well you know the rest..." Minho looked away for a moment.
"Oh shoot, that must hurt a lot. " Thomas replied.

"I'm going to go now..see ya later, shank" Minho soon disappeared out of Thomas' sight. "Wait! How about us..." But he was too late, Minho was gone, he left Thomas alone with Alby in The Maze, Grievers will come in any second now. He had to think of a way to hide himself and Alby.  He grabbed an ivy and tied it on Alby's stomach then on his hands and legs. He did the same for himself and started to pull Alby up.
It was hard but eventually he did it. He climbed on the wall next to Alby and hoped it would work.

The next few minutes he remained silent impatiently waiting for Griever to come. Soon enough he could hear clatter, chewing motors and Griever's howling. It could be heard louder and louder each second.

His belly twisted as he spotted the Griever under him, it then started crawl up, heading right towards Thomas. Griever's lights were turned on.

To be continued....