Feeling Like a Dream

Vincent

"Shut up! I think he's coming to." Dave whispers, standing over Vincent, who was laying on the ground where he had passed out before.

Dave?

"Don't tell me to shut up! I'm the one who saved his life." An unfamiliar voice whispers in response, from the opposite side of Vincent's body.

Who is that?

"I saved his life too, just so you know."

"Wow, you're right! You did great! The concussion really suits him."

"Cut the sarcasm, Clay. Why isn't he waking up?"

"Dude, I don't know! Why don't you get him some water or something?" The new person named Clay suggests, making a clanging noise with some metal object that Vincent couldn't see. It hurt his ears.

"Okay."

Dave's footsteps gradually get quieter as Vincent finally manages to open his eyes. The first thing he sees is Clay's eyes staring back at him, which startles him. He sits up quickly, getting hit by a wave of dizziness at the same time. Clay grabs one of Vincent's shoulders with two hands to steady him, letting go once he was relaxed enough.

"There's no need to panic. I'm Clay, Dave's friend."

"Where—" Vincent looks around the room before realizing it was the first floor of the Enderman's building. "The monster," He attempts to stand, before being gently pushed back down by Clay. "It got away. We have to stop it."

"No, no no no. You seriously think it's a good idea to go after a monster you already lost to, with a concussion?"

Dave walks back into the building at that point, and nearly drops the bucket of water he was holding. "Vincent!"

"Jeez, everyone seems so excited to see me." Vincent says sarcastically. "How long has it been?"

"Not long. A few hours total, maybe? You were in and out a bunch of times." Clay responds, looking towards Dave for confirmation. When he nods, Clay turns back to Vincent. "It would have been a lot longer if I didn't see Dave's message by complete accident. I haven't been around this part of town in months."

"I hardly remember anything from the fight. It feels like it was all a dream." Vincent explains, leaning against the wall behind him.

"Good. That's normal. I was worried before, because of how Dave said he let you fall asleep shortly after you hit your head. That's extremely dangerous. Luckily, I guess I got here fast enough to wake you up before any serious damage was done."

Vincent raises an eyebrow. "Serious damage?"

"Like, you slipping into a coma. Or death."

"Death?!" Dave and Vincent exclaim at the same time.

"Yeah, but you're fine. It was only mild, and you're awake and functioning now." Clay continues. "I cleaned and stitched up any open wounds on your head so you don't have to worry about infection, either."

Vincent's face heats up. "Wow, uh, thank you. I guess I really owe you."

"It's okay, Dave called in the favor."

Giving a nod of appreciation towards Dave, Vincent focuses in on Clay. He looks around the same age as Dave, a little older than Vincent. Clay's eyes were a dull green color, not quite as bright as he remembers Darryl's being, but it didn't make a difference to him. Vincent figures he must have stared for too long, because Clay makes a weird facial expression at him.