Lucy - 13

Now we start the next parts of the story, the parts solely focused on Audrey, mainly. Have fun, I hope you enjoy it!

The next day I was set on cleaning the barber shop and Bake house. I sat up in bed and rubbed my eyes. I looked down at them, they were stained like blood. My mouth opens to scream but my voice seemed to stop working. I jumped out of bed and ran into the bathroom to scrub my hands till it left. I harshly rubbed the sponge on my skin.
It never left...
I scrubbed harder and harder until my skin felt raw, I wanted to cry out, but I couldn't, somehow. I squeezed my eyes shut and opened them slowly, the blood was gone, but my skin was red from irritation. My mouth opened and closed in shock and I sighed while resting my hands on the sink and staring in the mirror. What has happened to me? I hang my head to my chest and avoid looking at my hands.
After a while I stand up straight and walk into the shop's entrance. Mr. Todd sat at the bench, staring at his own hands.
"Good morning." I say quietly and walk over to the coffee pot. "Sleep okay?"
He doesn't speak, as usual, but he at least looked up at me.
I smiled weakly, "Maybe not." I turn to start to make coffee and breakfast.
While the water was warming up I threw some biscuits from a container into the oven. I turned around but jumped back as Mr. Todd was standing behind me.
"Are you okay Audrey?"
"Yeah, I'm fine, you just scared me is all."
"No, are you okay, besides that?"
I shrugged and turned back around to finish the coffee. "I don't know, honestly."
"Well, seeing as I found you crying yesterday, I don't think you're okay." He said and took out the biscuits from the oven.
I smiled, this one was actually genuine. "It'll blow over, don't worry, just shock I think But I think I should be more concerned about you. How are you?"
He looked at me and the bags were starting to form under his eyes, his shoulders sagged and his hair was messier than usual. "It'll blow over."
He used my own words against me, "I see," I said and smiled again, "I was thinkin' of cleanin' up around here, how about you go fix yourself up?" I walk over to the table and set the food and drinks down.
"No, I'll help you." He said and took a biscuit.
"Are you sure?" I sit down and take a sip of coffee.
"Yes."
I smile and nod while I eat quickly.
"So I was thinking we throw out all the pies. ." I say and finish my food. He nods and looks away. "I also thought that I could pretty up Lucy?" I trail off and look at his face for any reaction. He just nodded again. I rubbed his shoulder, "It's okay love." I say and stand up with my coffee in hand. "I'll start on your shop. You can stay down here if you'd like."
His speaking seemed to be rare. He didn't say anything but stood and took the dishes to the sink. He's seems very sweet, though. Looks like now that Turpin is over, it has loosened the weight on his shoulder. My mouth twitches upwards and I leave to my bedroom to change. My eyes wander over Toby's room and I sigh. I look away and hurry into my room. I put on a normal dress, I would wear for working.
Once I was up in the barber shop I caught sight of myself in the mirror, again.

Pov: narrator

Interesting, Audrey was. Her hair was not in it's perfect ringlets any longer, no, they were messy and not even in a bun. Her frame was smaller and eyes were darker, they were filled with almost every possible emotion.

( the idea is that she used to be this innocent and pure woman with pretty and bright dresses until Micheal came, and she tried to escape him but once he came back with Turpin she was ruined into the revenge-seeking-guilt-stricken woman who actually now looks like she belonged in the movie)

The relationship between Mr. Todd and her was even weirder. She knows what love feels like, she loved Micheal and somewhere deep inside her she knows what she's feeling is love. But she doesn't want to love again, she thinks it's wrong because his wife had just died and the woman who they both had a connection with loved him and now she's dead. So she is oblivious and naive because she doesn't want to know that it's love.

Pov: Audrey

Once I finished scrubbing out all the blood from the barber shop I went down the stairs and into the pie shop. I put the rag in the sink to be washed with other clothes. I then grabbed a new rag and ran it under hot water to then bound down the bake houses stairs. When I got the I was shocked to see that the bodies were gone except for Lucy, only a little bit of blood could be seen on the walls. I made a face and my hand fell to my side. When did this happen? I put the rag on the shelf next to me and walked over to Lucy. I smiled gently at her and bent down to wiggle my arms underneath her frail body.
"I've got it." A familiar voice said which could only belong to Mr. Todd. He walked over and lifted her effortlessly.
I rolled my eyes, "I could have done that you know."
He shrugged a bit and we went and put her in Toby's room. I bit my lip while looking around, he clothes and other belongings were in here, of course. I smiled to myself when I saw his wig on the dresser, I hadn't noticed Mr. Todd leave. I looked back at Lucy's body on Toby's bed. I went into my room and grabbed a dress I think would fit her and walked back into the room that held her.
I found a towel somewhere and used it to clean her up with some water I poured in a bucket. The slice on her neck was so clean it was hardly visible without any blood. I took off her bonnet and gently took a section of hair to wash it the bucket next to me. To clean the rest of her, I had undressed her and washed her gently with the towel. I carefully dressed her in the pretty dress I pick out and I smiled, she was so truly beautiful.
"How are you, Lucy? We've never met before, I'm Audrey Wood. Can I just say that you look absolutely dashing in my dress.  Your husband is devastated, and I know he regrets deeply what he did to you.  You'd think that with killing people and being kind of insane would make him disrespectful but he really isn't, you picked a really good man, Mrs. Barker.  I hope that you're happy and peaceful wherever you are.  Anyway, I'll shut up now. See you later, darling."
I stood and put the pail of water away and wiped my hands on my dress. Little did I know that someone stood beyond that door and listened to the entire one sided conversation.