Chapter 2

Giotto is woken by water and ice being dumped on him. His eyes shot open from the cold as he looked up at who had doused him. The man in front of him sneered as he tossed the bucket aside. Giotto's intuition alerted him of the danger that he was in, which fueled his struggles against what held him bound to the chair he sat upon. The futile struggles only made the man amused as he grabbed Giotto's blond hair pulling his head up to look into the somewhat frantic blue eyes.

"You didn't do a very good job hiding Vongola Primo," the man mused tightly holding onto Giotto's hair. Giotto tried to move to follow the movement of the yank, glaring at the man suppressing a wince the best he could. He growled pulling slightly against the hold on his hair. The man laughed yanking on Giotto's hair again getting a grunting wince from the blond.

"You'll be fun to play with before we test something special on you," the man mused pulling Giotto's head back causing the muzzle, which sat flush against his mouth and strapped over his nose and chin to cut his skin. Giotto growled glaring even though his neck was exposed from the way his head was being held back. The man let go of Giotto's hair just as the blond jerked away. The violent jerk caused the chair Giotto was in to topple. He landed on the ground jarring his shoulder while the man laughed. Giotto glared up at the man before a boot was grinding his face into the concrete flooring. Giotto closed his eyes tightly in pain. He couldn't call for his flames having sealed them away before he even reached Japan.

"So weak, nothing like you were as the feared Don Vongola," the man sneered a wicked smirk on his face keeping his boot on the side of the blond's face.

"That's enough, for now, Mirko," an elder man stated sternly coming into the room tapping his cane. Mirko froze as he slowly looked over at the elder. Giotto looked at the balding old Italian man through half-open eyes.

"Sit him up, and then we'll get started preparing him for the experiment," the elder man ordered. Mirko grumbled reluctantly removing his boot from Giotto's face and righted the chair. Giotto looked between the two men warily. Mirko then left the room leaving the elderly man alone.

"I never thought I'd have the great pleasure of looking into what makes the formidable intuition of yours tick," the elder man said as he walked around Giotto. Giotto struggled against what bound him to the chair. The elder chuckled stopping in front of the tied up blond. "Why struggle none of your former guardians will be coming for you, and there's no way out of your predicament."

Mirko then came into the room rolling a trolley in front of him with several types of equipment. The elder turned towards the trolley and looked over the equipment. Giotto thrashed against the bonds not liking the sight of the different tools on the trolley the two were looking at. His intuition also alerted of the coming danger, almost screaming driving the anxiety he didn't miss from his years in the mafia. Mirko laughed seeing Giotto's frantic movement.

"Scared? That's good, it means your intuition is working overtime," Mirko mused picking up a string of wires and sensors. Giotto looked at him frantically wanting to just get away from this. Mirko walked up to Giotto to secure the wires and sensors around the blond's head. Giotto moved his head to avoid it, but that didn't last long. Mirko managed to secure the string around Giotto's head while the elder moved towards him with more and different types of sensors. Giotto indeed began getting afraid for what will happen to him, his intuition screaming too loud for him to focus. The elder pierced his chest causing Giotto to flinch in pain.

After a few other sensors that were also hooked up to different machines, those machines were turned on. The elder began monitoring the screens while Mirko did his job of triggering Giotto's intuition as well as causing physical pain. Giotto did his best to conceal both his pain and his intuition but by the way, the elder was reacting he wasn't doing so well.

Many hours, maybe even days later their tests on Giotto's intuition were over and the blond was tired, hurt, and reluctant about physical touches. Giotto had his head bowed out of exhaustion trying to get some rest. Mirko and the elder had other plans for him. Mirko grabbed Giotto's hair yanking his head up, no longer gaining a reaction. Giotto looked at Mirko now uncaring of what was done to him.

"Now, it's time to test what we brought you here for," the elder mused as Mirko allowed Giotto to stand from the chair but didn't unbind him fully. Giotto went to move away but Mirko held him firmly as he was lead to somewhere he didn't know. Giotto was pushed onto a stand for a tank, his hands and ankles were still bound tightly in chains. The muzzle on his face had things attached to it and an IV pricked into his arm before Mirko stepped off the stand. The elder quickly lowered a large glass cylinder around the stand creating an airtight seal. Giotto began to panic again trying to get out of the tank.

"Sleep well Giotto di Vongola," the elder mused messing with the panel. Ice cold water started to fill the tank as a drug entered Giotto's bloodstream. Giotto's legs gave out and he collapsed, the water covering his body completely. The water continued to rise till the tank was filled and Giotto's body was floating. Giotto trashed in panic seeing blurry figures of the elder and Mirko just standing, watching. Giotto let out a muffled scream before losing consciousness.