Chapter 16|' Are you trying to die'|

Parker››

Chapter 16|' Are you trying to die'|

  I shoved my now finished homework papers into my backpack and sat back on my bed when Sadie and Mitchell barged into my room.

  "Who drove you home?" He demanded.

  I cast a look at Sadie who rose an eyebrow. "Answer the question." She said.

  "None of your business." I rolled my eyes.

  Mitchell scoffed. "None of my business?"

  "Yes."

  Suddenly, Taylor and Parker flung the door open. "What is this," I yelled out. "Invade– Ryder's– Privacy– Day?"

  Everyone ignored me. "Why is Coach looking for Ryder Mitchell?" Parker asked.

  Sadie let out a small sound of shock. "Who told you that?"

  He shoved his phone into our face. "Coach just texted everyone."

  I grabbed it out of his hands and brought the screen closer to Sadie and I's faces. Sure enough, Coach had the varsity football players in a group chat.

  I want you pansies to bring me Ryder Holloway. Person who does it gets out of the suicides I have planned. Good luck.

  "Ryder," Parker warned. "I know you did something. Is this what Sean was so hyped up about?"

  I cringed back. "Well," I trailed in a high pitched voice.

  "Are you trying to die!" Taylor exclaimed.

  "It wasn't just me!" I protested. I looked at Sadie. I already told her if I went down, I would drag her down with me.

  "Ugh," She groaned and then raised her hand slightly. "I may have helped... a little."

  "How much is a little." Mitchell crosses his arms.

  She leaned back, mimicking my high tone. "Well..."

  Parker threw his hands up into the air. "What are we going to do?"

  "Um," I said, staring at him. "I am going to handle this."

  This was my fault. I pulled Sadie in it and it was my idea. So I'm handling it.

  "No freaking way!" Mitchell protested.

  "Yes freaking way!" I exclaimed, standing up. "Look, I love you guys but this is my problem. I'm not going to hide behind my big brothers because I did something that will probably get me killed."

  "We did something." Sadie butted in. "I'm not letting you go through this alone. I helped you."

  I smiled at her then turned to look at my brothers. "I know you want go protect me, but we have to do this on our own. You guys aren't going to be here to defend me forever. Now, promise me you won't do anything stupid."

  "But–"

  "Are you kid–"

  "Ryder–"

  "Promise!"

  I knew they wouldn't listen so I added, "Or else I'll tell Mom."

  "You wouldn't." Taylor said skeptically.

  Sadie and I shared a glance before we both looked back. "I totally would."

  Taylor and Parker groaned. "Fine." They both ground out.

  "W– what?" Mitchell spluttered. "You're going to give up that easily?"

  "She brought Mom up." Taylor said in a 'duh' tone. "I'm out."

  "Just give it up, bro." Parker patted Mitchell's back comfortingly.

  Mitchell swatted Parker's hand and grumbled under his breath. He made a move to exit and I sighed. At least they forgot about Max.

  "You never answered my question, who force you home?"

  Damn.

  "Oh, you mean Max?" Taylor said, oblivious to what he just set off.

  "Taylor!"

  "What?" He shrugged. "He was going to eventually find out."

  "OMG!" Sadie squealed. "Max the old senior football player? The one who us out for the season?!"

  "He just gave me a ride!"

  "He rode you?" Mitchell growled.

  My face heated up. "Oh my god!" I yelled, laughing awkwardly. Laughing was always something I did when I was uncomfortable. "Not like that you sickos!"

  Sadie pursed her lips. "I wouldn't mind if he gave me a ride."

  The room fell silent and we all stared at Sadie who was inspecting her newly done nails. As if she felt us looking, she lifted her head up. "What?" She questioned. "Its true!"

  My siblings and I groaned and said simultaneously, "Sadie!"

A/N:

  Que pasa. I suck at Spanish. So, Ryder's brothers know who drove her home. This was kind of a filler chapter.
  How was everyone's week been? To me, school went by so slowly. Can't wait until Thanksgiving Break!

~Nickole