Ch.15//charmed, i'm sure

Maddie's P.O.V.

        "Ugh. We've been here for fifteen minutes and Y/N is still not back," I grumble and check my phone for a text from Y/N. Of course, per the usual, there isn't a single notification involving anything to do with her.

        "You should really calm down. She went to the grocery store with two guys, neither of which are her kind-of-boyfriend-but-not-official-boyfriend guy. I'm sure she's fine," Haylee reasons from her spot on the bed, watching me pace Y/N's bedroom, "Chill. You've checked your phone eight times in the last five minutes. Again, I'm sure she's fine."

        "Well, she should hurry her ass up because I'm bored and the boys are becoming unbearable," I say, referencing the loud yells coming from down the stairs. What's with guys and video games? I guess we'll never know.

        "She'll be here..." Haylee was cut off by car doors slamming, "...soon."

        "I'M BACK!" Y/N yells as the front door closes behind her.

        "This bitch," I mumble, walking out of her room.

        "Maddie, that was unnecessary," Haylee whispers in reply.

        "BITCH! Where have you been?" I yell as we walk down the stairs.

        "My hoes!" She yells back, ignoring my question.

        "I literally told you where she was like two minutes ago,"  Haylee says, exasperatedly.

        "Well, if she lies then we know something happened." I wink.

        "Whoa, whoa, whoa," the two boys she is with say at the same time.

        "Who are you two then? Lovers? Jackasses?" I scowl. The two boys start laughing at my comment, making me roll my eyes so hard, I guarantee that if they weren't attached to my eye sockets, my two eyes would have rolled right back through my skull and fallen out my ass.

        "Okay then! Enough of that!" Y/N cuts me off swiftly, "This is Daniel and Corbyn, Zach's friends from Los Angeles," she explains.

        "Charmed, I'm sure," I cross my arms across my chest, very obviously annoyed.

        "I'm Daniel," the blue-eyed boy reaches his hand out to me while the other is still laughing. At least the guy still laughing knows how to take a joke, even if it was literally an insult straight to his face that wasn't meant as a joke. Maybe I was just mad. They're both kind of cute, but I haven't met the supposed other two boys. I walked in with Haylee and went straight upstairs without knocking. I basically live at her house anyways.

        I just stare at the boy's outstretched hand, glancing from his eyes to his hand and back again without uncrossing my arms. Haylee gives me a sideways look as she reaches out her hand to shake his and introduces herself, "I'm Haylee. Nice to meet you. I apologize for my friend's behavior." She smiles and sends me another annoyed glance. I roll my eyes, but I get the point, so I stick my hand out in spite of myself while the other boy finishes laughing.

        "Maddie." I smile smugly, "Now, Y/N, answer my question."

        "What was the question again?" Y/N asks at the same time Haylee says, "I already told you."

        "Where. Have. You. Been?" I cut off each word, over-pronouncing every syllable as she walks into the kitchen while she carries her bags. I follow her, leaving Haylee and the two wheat-haired boys to finish getting to know each other.

        "The store," she states casually, holding up the two gray plastic bags.

        "And how did you meet these guys you were with?"