08

josie was the first to wake up out of the two. she rested her head in her hands and watched anthony as he slept with his mouth parted slightly. soft snores escaped his lips which made the girl smile.

"your staring is creepy, jos." anthony said as he kept his eyes closed.

"let me admire." anthony smiled and wrapped his arms around josie and pulled her close. "what if we just didn't go to school today. we could stay here all day. just us two in bed all day."

"tempting. almost might have to say yes." anthony said which made josie let out a small laugh. "what if we went to the beach?"

"i'm so down."

••••••••••

@luvanthony: should out to the lady who took our pic

@luvanthony: should out to the lady who took our pic. she's a real one 😎

175,041 likes 13,847 comments

@username: is this josie

@username: okay but are you sure that you and josie aren't together

@josiehossler: @username very sure

@luvanthony: @josiehossler didn't have to break my heart like that

@josiehossler: srry not srry anfony

@username: 🥺

@julia: girl u have some serious explaining to do

@luvanthony: @julia in conclusion, she won't love me back

@username: josie if you don't love him back i stg

••••••••••

josie and anthony sat in the car as they ate their ice cream. josie had her legs on anthony's lap and leaned against the door. anthony reached over and wiped ice cream on josies nose which made her laugh and do the same to him.

"real mature, jos." anthony laughed as he smeared more across her lips.

"anthony, i hate this flavor. you know this." josie laughed as she put her legs down and looked for a napkin.

anthony smiled as he held the napkins behind his back. josie looked over at anthony, knowing he had them. she reached for them but he pulled them away and placed his finger under her chin. he lifted her head and connected his lips to hers. josie pulled away slowly and wiped the rest of the ice cream off.

"consider the ice cream gone." anthony smirked as josie blushed.

"you could have just handed me the napkin." josie asked as she rolled her eyes to anthony's.

"where's the fun in that?" josie let out a fake laugh at anthony's statement. "i think i missed some."

anthony connected his lips to hers once again. josie smiled into the kiss before anthony's lips moved down her jaw to her neck.

"does this mean you've made up your mind?" anthony asked, his hot breath hitching down josies neck.

"anthony—"

"it's fine. my parents get back today. i'm gonna take you home." anthony said as he put his seatbelt on and pulled out of the parking spot.

the two sat in silence. josie could tell how upset anthony was that she couldn't give him an answer, but she didn't know if she was ready. the short car ride ended and anthony parked the car.

"thank you, anfony. i don't know what i would have done if you weren't there." josie said as anthony just nodded his head and didn't look in her direction. "whatever." josie got out of the car and went inside.

"you've been with anthony?" jaden asked from the couch.

"don't talk about him." josie snapped as she ran up the stairs.

josie walked into her room and slammed her door and let out a scream. she fell down onto her bed and buried her face in her pillow to try and quiet her sobs. jaden opened the door and laid in bed next to his sister and rolled her over and wrapped his arms around her as she cried on his chest.

"what happened, jos?" jaden asked softly as he rubbed the girls head.

"i can't give him an answer. i—i don't know if i want to be with him. i care about him a lot, but the past keeps telling me not to. i just don't know what to do anymore." josie cried out as she held onto her brother tighter. "and then the whole mom having a new boyfriend thing. i'm just overwhelmed."

"if anthony really cared then he would be okay with waiting until you were ready. he would be okay with whatever you were now and cling onto that because it is something compared to hating him. it's improvement and improvement doesn't happen overnight." jaden explained to his sister who just looked up at him. "we need to talk about you skipping school."

"that's not important. but you're right. if he did care like he wants me to, then he would wait. did i ever mention you're the best big brother i have?" josie laughed as jaden wiped her tears away.

"i'm the only brother you have, so by default, that makes me the best." jaden laughed.

••••••••••

josie walked into school with a smile on her face. last night, she decided she wanted to tell anthony she wants to try, but to take it slow. her eyes scanned the hallway and landed on anthony who was talking to julia. anthony looked over at josie before he pressed his lips to julia's. josies smile dropped as she watched them kiss. julia didn't try to stop it. she pulled her eyes away and walked towards her locker. chase was in his locker next to josies and greeted her with a warm smile.

"hey, jos. how are you?" chase asked with a wide smile.

"terrible. wanna kiss me?" josie asked which took chase by surprise. "just do it." chase connected his lips to josies before josie slowly pulled away and wrapped her arms around chase and looked over at anthony who was now standing alone. "so do you want to go out sometime? like maybe dinner and then a movie back at my place?"

"let me know when and where and i'll come pick you up." chase smiled before josie kissed his cheek and walked towards her first class of the day.

josie took her seat and grabbed her binder from her bag before julia sat down next to her.

"hey, girl. why weren't you here yesterday?" julia asked as josie scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"ask anthony. oh, and by the way, how did i taste on his lips?" josie asked sassily which made julia's jaw drop.

"josie—josie. listen, i can explain. please don't hate me." julia stumbled on her words before josie packed her stuff back up and stood up.

"save it. i don't want to hear it, julia. i don't want to hear from you ever again. fuck you. stay the fuck out of my life." josie snapped before she stormed out of the room and out the front doors before she leaned againys the wall and pulled out her phone to call her mom.

"hey, honey." josies mom said warmly on the phone.

"would you kill me if i skipped school again today? i can't do this. so much has happened—"

"i'm on my way."