13

josie walked into jadens room where all of the guys were at 3pm. it's safe to say her and anthony had a long night. she smiled at all the boys before she took a spot on jaden's bed which happened to be right next to anthony.

"how'd you sleep?" anthony asked the girl softly which made her blush.

"well i couldn't really sleep so i didn't fall asleep until like five this morning. i'm surprised you guys are still here. no offense or anything, but y'all usually leave in the morning." josie said to the group of guys.

"we are going to a party tonight so we thought we would just stay together before we go. you wanna come?" payton asked josie which took her by surprise.

"me? a party? cmon payton, you know me." josie said as she looked at anthony.

"go. it'll be fun. i can stay with you to make sure you're okay if you want." anthony offered.

"okay fine. no funny business though." josie said as she pointed to all the guys who held their hands up defensively.

"careful, anthony. you're starting to sound like a boyfriend. first it was taking ten minutes to ask her to come hot tub with us, then it was going to watch criminal minds with her, and now it's you being protective." chase stated, almost passive aggressively.

"chase, nothing is going on between me and anthony. just friends. we're finally in a good place after what feels like ever and you're still jealous. it's time to grow up chase." josie snapped before she stormed out of the room which made all of the guys eyes fall on anthony.

"like jos said, there's nothing going on." anthony stated confidently to the guys who continued to scroll through their phones.

••••••••••

josie and anthony walked into the party behind the rest of the guys who instantly went to the alcohol. anthony grabbed josies hand as he quickly noticed how anxious she was getting. she pulled her hand away.

"we can't. not here. i'm gonna get a drink." josie said as she walked over to the beer keg and filled a cup up.

josie downed the cup and filled it again. she took this cup slower and sipped it as she walked back towards anthony.

"didn't know you liked beer." anthony said as he took a drink from the girls cup.

"who are you? my dad?" josie asked with a small giggle.

"lightweight." anthony retorted which made josie take her cup back and hit his arm.

"am not." josie said defensively.

as the night continued, josie kept drinking. she would dance with random people when her favorite songs came on. she was wasted. of course, anthony had his eyes on her the whole time. he had to hide his jealously, but he wanted nothing more than to go punch every guy who touched her. he noticed how one of the guys whispered in her ear and grabbed her hand and began to lead her upstairs. anthony followed behind them and listened through the door.

"no, i can't. i have someone." josie mumbled.

"i don't see him." the guy said.

anthony flung the door open and instantly collided his fist with the guys jaw.

"she said no." anthony said as he pushed josie behind him.

"jaden! jaden, please!" josie screamed out, hoping her brother would hear.

josie watched as anthony and the guy threw punches. she tried to get them to stop, but it wasn't working. jaden and his friends came running into the room and pulled the fight apart.

"anthony, dude. calm down. why are you fighting?" jaden asked aggressively as he held anthony back from the guy as payton took the other guy downstairs.

"he tried to do stuff with her and she said no." anthony said as he panted before his eyes softened as they met josies tear stained face.

"i think it's time you tell her, anthony." chase said as he walked through the door and leaned against the wall.

"tell me what?" everyone stayed quiet. "i said, tell me what?"

"anthony doesn't care about you. it was a dare. simple as that. i must say, i didn't think it would last this long. also, i'll take my twenty bucks, because you tried to say she wouldn't let you hit but that's not what i heard last night." chase smirked before she took a sip of his drink.

"jos—josie. i can explain." anthony said as he took a step towards josie who backed away.

"a dare? twenty bucks? twenty bucks. you took a bet? you accepted the dare? here i thought you actually cared about me. but i hope you're happy chase. because if you can't have me, no one can i guess. isn't that right?" josie yelled out before she stormed out of the room.

"do me a favor and stay the fuck away from my sister."