chapter eleven

Arabella≫

"uh um hey b-brooke" if I wasn't in this hospital bed I probably would've shit my pants.

I nervously looked over at jack and he looked like he was about to explode with laughter.

I looked back at Brooke and she looked like the opposite of jack.

"Lo-" I was about to say but I was cut off.

"Thanks for keeping your promise" she said in a sarcastic voice, dropping my bag by the door she stormed off.

"Well this is fucking amazing" I groaned.

Just as jack burst out laughing.

"What's so funny?" I hissed.

"Her. She doesn't like me at all, and she looked so pissed"

I just rolled my eyes.

After he was calm, he continued talking.

"Why doesn't she like me" he asked.

"Because you're you" I bluntly said.

He completely ignored my answer and asked another question.

"What was the promise?"

Well this was gonna be awkward.

I acted like I didn't hear him and began picking at the nail polish on my nails.

"Bella"

"hmm?"

"what was the promise?" He said in an aggravated tone. I could tell I was getting on his nerves by ignoring him, and I didn't want him to be mad at me again so I answered.

"Well she didn't want me talking to you at all, because you're dangerous or whatever. But that's not exactly true, she's getting all her facts from rumours. And half those rumours are stupid and fake"

"She's right you know" he finally spoke, in a serious tone.

"What?"

"I am dangerous. There's a lot you don't know about me Arabella" I knew he wasn't joking anymore because he called me by my full name.

I simply nodded my head.

He fixed his gaze back on the tv.

"Jack?" I finally said.

"Yeah?" He was still staring at the tv but I knew he was listening.

"You told me that some of the rumours were true... Which ones are true?" I asked, nervously biting my lip.

I looked at him, waiting for an answer but I knew he wasn't going to reply.

I sighed and looked back at the tv.

It was some boring cartoon so I closed my eyes, I was a bit tired.

-8pm-

I woke up when I heard a loud bang.

My eyes shot open and I looked around and I was very surprised to find jack sitting on the chair next to me on his phone.

Rubbing my eyes trying to see clearly I looked at the clock and it was 8:26.

Woah I slept for a really long time.

"You're finally awake" jack said in an annoyed voice.

"Shh I have a headache" I groaned.

Which only made jack talk louder.

"Shut up" I mumbled, which made him laugh.

"I don't wanna be rude or anything but why are you still here?"