chapter twelve

Jack≫

We drove in silence for about two minutes when I noticed a red car following us.

I remembered seeing it in the parking lot, maybe it was just another person at the hospital who just happened to be driving in the same direction as us.

To make sure, I switched lanes to see if the person driving would follow, and just as I thought they switched lanes as well.

"shit" I mumbled.

"what's wrong?" Bella asked from beside me.

I had no idea if I should tell her we were being followed or not.

"I think we might be being followed" I admitted, she would find out something was wrong anyways since I was beginning to speed up.

"What?"

I ignored her and pulled out my phone and quickly dialled Camerons number.

He answered very fast.

"Where the fuck have you been?"

"That's not the issue right now. I think I'm being followed" I said while speeding up a bit.

"What?" Cameron said angrily.

"I said I'm being fucking followed" he was getting on my nerves.

"Do you know who it was?"

I looked back and I didn't recognize the car.

"No but I'm pretty sure it's one of the Lions" I said quietly, trying to make sure Bella didn't hear.

"Do you have your gun?" He asked.

"Fuck. No" i groaned.

"Alright, well just speed up and try loosing him. Do whatever you need to do, wreck the car for all I care. Just make sure you get back safe"

"Well I can't really do that" it was true I couldn't, not with Bella in the car with me.

I looked over at her for a second and she looked frightened, she kept on looking back at the car and then back to me. I knew she was listening and I knew after this I would have to explain a lot to her.

"Why the fuck can't you?" He groaned from the other end of the phone.

"Because there's somebody in the car with me" I was speeding up with every word.

"Who?"

"Bella" I mumbled quietly.

"ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME"

I didn't answer.

"Alright. Make sure you get back safe and make sure the girl is safe as well" he said, and I could tell he was trying his hardest to keep calm and I knew the minute I got home I wouldn't hear the end of it.

"Alright" I hung up the phone and threw it in the back.

Looking behind me I saw the car was speeding up as well.

I switched lanes, and he did the same.

"Jack what's going on?" She whispered from beside me.

I ignored her once again.

"Jack"

"Look, I'll explain everything later alright? Just stay quiet"

She nodded her head and I could tell she was still scared.

I couldn't do anything crazy right now, because Bella was with me.

I couldn't let her get hurt.