chapter fifteen

Arabella≫

it's been a month.

A month since I've seen jack.

He stopped coming to school and I really wanted to know if it was because of me, but that wasn't my problem anymore.

I shouldn't be worrying about a dick like him right?

But I couldn't help it, he was my first thought and my last.

After the fight when I came back to school, people were giving me looks.

I hadn't seen jack that whole day, but I saw his friends.

And they were giving me looks too, but these weren't the ones I'm used to.

They were staring at me with sad eyes, almost as if they felt bad.

By now, it was old news though.

And everything was back to normal.

And by normal I mean boring.

I had the same routine every day, wake up, go to school, come home, straight to work, come home around 8, do homework, sleep, and repeat.

Yeah I had gotten a job, at Donna's diner, I was so gloomy that I had decided to get a job to make some extra cash (even though I didn't need it) and get my mind off of jack.

It hadn't really helped, but it was better then staying home and just asking myself questions that I didn't really want to know the answers to.

But there was that one important question in the back of my head, how would my life be different if jack was in it?

I mean, jack hadn't affected my life that much, I'm pretty sure he didn't.

My life didn't revolve around him and I had only known him for a couple of weeks.

But then why did I miss him so much?

Maybe the part that tore me apart the most was the fact that I thought I had changed him a bit but he was the same old jack and he just wanted to get into my pants.

But I guess I should be grateful that I found out who he really was before he got into my pants and had me chasing after him.

I know I shouldn't be this upset over him but there was still that aching in my heart.

Sighing as I got off my bed, I grabbed my work uniform, which was a dark maroon dress with a white colour, that had my name tag on it.

Slipping on my white low top converse.

I grabbed my jacket, keys and phone and headed downstairs.

Seeing as the house was empty as always, I made my way outside.

Lately my mom has been at the hospital 24/7 and this whole month I've probably seen her about 4 times, saying I missed her would be an understatement.

And my sister Cara, was never home. She was always at a friends house.

Mostly all the time I was home alone, and it kind of sucks when you have a huge house.

It makes me feel more lonely then I already am.

I mean, I have Brooke but she's always busy with family stuff, so the only time I ever see her is at school.

Brooke and I have become extremely close after the jack incident, after I spilled everything (except for the gang related stuff) she was surprisingly okay with it, she helped me through it.

She would come to my house at 1am just to comfort me when I missed him.

And she had been trying to help me get over him, she was my best friend.