C H A P T E R F I F T E E N

Gray looked distraught as my eyes focused on him, his face twisted in a wordless pain. Everyone started speaking.

Everyone trying to come up with a plan. But what even was a plan at this point?

Because if I went someone would die. And we're not about that, were not as big as that.

Because all we are, are boxers in a ring looking for money, pride to feel like we had some control.

Looking to live.

Even the richest people were down there, sons and daughters of multimillionaires because there parents might have said something.

Everyone felt like they had a reason to be there in actual fact, none of us belonged there.

Because when the day light shone it's just a dark abandoned building for people who have felt abandoned. Every time I was down there the grey concrete wall felt as they were closing in as you walked down hundreds of stairs to get to the pit.

The only feeling was adrenaline.

Otherwise you wouldn't have felt safe.

'Just shut up.' Alex said and my eyes drifted to him. 'We might as well all go. We aren't sending her in alone, and the place will be crammed of underground fighters. I was invited.'

It was reassuring to know I wasn't the only one invited.