C H A P T E R S I X T E E N

me and alex looked calmly at each other, however I was nervous my body had that buzz the feel of feeling sick but you know you wouldn't be I shivered A lot but I sat there waiting.

Waiting for the explosive look on lennoxs face to say something.

'Well, that means Yasmin must of been invited then.' We all waited for what he would say next. 'How the fuck am I meant to go when I haven't been invited don't tell me it's not weird that only Alex, kiara and Yasmin got invited and not me or luke.'

' But look Lennox just be like a plus one.' I said but I could tell by his facial expressions this was all more than just us.

'Kiara don't you see that they've picked you. It's not a Russian ball, I've been to one of them a few people get lost in the crowd and then there in a maze fighting for there lives. It's not that simple. They only invite you there if they want something and the ball is a cover up.' He said it so calmly that every word he spoke was true.

'So' Alex started speaking 'you've been down there. It can't be that bad if you made it out.'

He rolled his eyes he was getting annoyed and that was one thing Lennox was good at.

'I have been there but not whilst the games are on. Me and Dima were friends for a while, but he's not the same, remember the fight when they fought he was dead well after that the switch flipped in his brain. He doesn't mess about anymore. He's a soilder in the ring, his dad was fuming when he lost that fight didn't care that he was half dead. There's no emotions in him, in the way he fights.'

He was silent but thinking carefully about what to say next and the right way to say it.

'He wants Yasmin. I don't get why'

his eyes focused on her and all are gazes moved to her. She shifted uncomfortably  and I could already feel the memories she didn't have to say anything but they clearly knew each other.

But probably not the way we thought. And that was all the more troubling.