Hannah

A few weeks back...

"....Passion is something that each and everyone craves. It is the drive that helps you get through the toughest situations, even though thousands of people disagree with you and try to convince you that it is not possible, your passion will be the deciding factor in proving it that they were wrong, and you were right, because at the end of the day we cannot always rely on the statement, If it is meant to be, it would be... We need to be the builders of our own future, Thank You!"

This was the speech delivered on the last day of school, in the auditorium of White More High School by the Co-Valedictorian of the school, Hannah Reed.

"Let's give Hannah Reed a big round of applause for that splendid speech and for being a role model for her juniors!" Mrs. Jane Foster, the Principal of White More High School said as she took over the microphone.

"You've got to be kidding me, how is she so perfect with her speeches? I mean look at the charisma that she radiates from stage!", Reggie asked.

Formals was the attire for the day and blazers were must, especially for the Valedictorians, that included Tyler Dorian.

Tyler could see how everyone appreciated Hannah's speech from backstage, he peeked from the curtains to get an estimate of the audience. "Good luck Tyler, You're up next!", Tyler felt a pat on his back from one of his juniors from backstage while he was rehearsing his speech.

Just then he made eye contact with Hannah who was busy staring at him since the time she got a place to sit, at that time he was lost admiring how perfect everything was, both of them were from the same school, both knew each-other's parents, both were quite popular in school and had made a name independently. It felt better than a fairy tale.

He took a step back from the curtains and looked back at Reggie who was staring at him with a confused face.

"Were you even listening to me till now Tyler?", Reggie shouted as he tapped Tyler back to reality.

"Uh... Oh no, I'm so sorry Reggie, I was just...", Tyler tried to defend himself.

"...Just was admiring the beauty of your girlfriend and thinking how perfect everything is, just like every day?", Reggie smirked.

Tyler was completely caught off-guard and was now confused whether to blush or to be ashamed.

"Finally we have a speech from our Head boy and Valedictorian whom we are most proud of, it is Tyler Dorian!", Mrs.Jane announced his name on the microphone and looked back at him in the backstage with a bright smile.

Tyler walked up to the stage which was lit up with spotlights, facing everybody in the audience; his classmates, juniors, teachers, staff, the principal, his mother and he noticed how happy they were to see him on stage. Adjusting his black suit and tie, he placed his speech beside the podium microphone and took a deep breath and closed his eyes.

When he opened his eyes, he got a look at his classmates, the boys were well dressed in their suits and ties and their hair gelled back neatly, while some kept it messy, nevertheless they looked good in their own way. He glanced at the girls, who look stunning with their formal attire and smart attitude, he wondered how fast time has flown that the same students who were known to be brats a few years back, were seated like smart individuals in front of him right now.

Finally his eyes fell on her, Hannah. If were not for the speech, Tyler would have just kept admiring her. He wondered how perfect things were between the two of them, each of their parents knew each other and they were from the same school. He wouldn't want to change a thing. She noticed him staring blankly at her from the stage and showed him a thumbs-up, to which Tyler smiled back and finally began his speech.