Milton

Greendale was known for their gripping plays on the football field and performing marvelously as a team, securing a minimum of 3 goals per match, and all of this made possible after the admission of their star player, Abigail Stone. The team did play well even if she wasn't on the pitch, but the games were a lot more entertaining with her on field!

All of this stardom and fame from one student overshadowed other sports athletes and their endeavours, especially basketball and Brooks was not taking this lack of respect for the team like a grain of salt. He was ready, he needed to line up a team formidable enough to not only defy all odds and win the cup, but also to provide them with the recognition that they had lost ever since the rise of football in Greendale.

"I need everyone to assemble in groups of three and stand in straight lines outside the three pointer line.", he paced up and down the ground staring right into the eyes of each player. They were mere freshers, a few seniors who barely had a strong arm. The only thing that unified them was the team colours, which too was stripped away by Brooks to ensure discipline and respect in the team and for the jersey.

"You will need to earn this jersey! It's not just like any other sports team where you just sign up and get a jersey with your name at the back and a number which defines you.", he added.

"I'd like to get one which says, 420. Bary Filton, 420.", Bary drolled about to a group of freshers among which there was Milton,he was standing adjacent to Bary, towards his right. He too laughed, but it didn't seem to be because of Bary's joke.

"The day, I joined the team Coach Anderson made me run an extra mile during training just because I talked too much about the types of pencils that are available in the market. I just can't stop, and once I get started there's no end...", Brooks spoke while playing with the basketball.

"What are you laughing about?", Bary stared at Milton.

"Nothing.", Mitlon replied and then chuckled.

"What the fuck are you laughing about eh?", Bary grabbed Milton by his collar.

"Hah, just the mere thought that you're getting a jersey makes me laugh!", Milton laughed out aloud. "You really think he will give an asshole like you a chance?", he added.

"You son of a b-", Bary raised his arm and was immediately held back by Brooks, pushed away from Milton who too was given a good shove providing some breathing space between the two rival teenagers who were at each other's necks.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing assholes?", Brooks asked in a furious voice. "This is my fucking team, and on the first day itself you want to assert dominance on field?", he continued and looked around at the others who were surrounding the fighters.

"I don't need your advice on who to beat up!", Bary pushed Brooks away and ran towards Milton, but was cut off immediately by Brooks himself and was sent flying onto the floor.

"Ouch, that has got to hurt!", a voice from the crowd.

"Keep your cool man! This is a basketball team, not a fight club. If you want to be part of the team you need to have control over yourself and have team chemistry, all of this not possible without bonding with everyone!", Brooks yelled at Bary and the others.

"What do you mean, part of the team? You're seriously considering recruiting this worthless guy in the team?", Milton provoked Brooks.

"My team, My choice. Who are you to undermine my authority and the decisions I make? EVERYONE in here is a potential candidate for me, I don't care if you are the bully of the class or the most introverted student. If you can help your team get this ball into that hoop as many times as possible, you're in!", he said and threw the ball into the hoop to score a three pointer.