Abigail

Lights everywhere, it felt like being on the spotlight, but the only catch was that there was no one watching you! Just when he thought that the tube light was bright enough to lighten up the room, there were multi-coloured mood lights on the ceiling, and if that wasn't enough, there were smaller bulbs of various shapes and sizes ranging with colours of purple, blue, green and red on her palette of options. That was Roma's room.

The perfection and the planning behind such a design completely shadowed the rest of the room, which was a complete mess. "Everyone has their monster.", Roma said to calm his star struck mind. "Yeah...I suppose yours is cleanliness then?", he replied nervously and continued to observe the intricate detail behind the lighting in the room.

"More of procrastination than being unclean, can I get you something to drink?", Roma replied and walked into her miniature kitchen.

Woah! She had a kitchen too? How can you top that off?! Tyler didn't even have a designated roommate, the talk about having a kitchen was a far fetch!

"You've got to be kidding me? A kitchen, seriously? What next, you have a mini-frid...", Tyler was about to finish when he turned into the kitchen and noticed it, "Nooooo! Noooo!", he yelled out of a mixed feeling of excitement and envy.

"Yeah, a mini-fridge too! Pretty cool right?", Roma smirked as she grabbed a cup from the shelf and poured some cold coffee into it.

"This is mad, I am totally jealous of you right now! How do you have these?!", Tyler asked out of utmost curiosity.

"It's a long story here, have this !", Roma replied and handed over the cup.

Tyler grabbed the cup and sipped a bit of coffee to help him take in every bit of detail in this room! It was mind boggling!!!

***

"Come on! Let me see 10 more of those champ! 1...2...3...", Coach Anderson ordered his football team of 15 players during their warm up. He needed them to be in their best form before the game with the Sherwood Tigers next week. Consider them to be just after the Rednecks in the game of football on the level of hatred the Timberwolves had against them.

A close victory from the last game wasn't exactly the strategy that Coach Anderson was looking for, he needed a "clean sheet" for extra points.

(Clean sheet in football terms meant that the team would have to concede zero goals, and this depended majorly on the goalkeeper, but also on the defensive strategy of the players.)

"We need to get better. Much better if we have our eyes on the prize, the Stanley Championship! We need to have a better flow of communication in the team, we cannot be dependent on Abigail to save us from the pit that we had dug for ourselves.", he added and sighed as he dismissed the team.

"What's with the rush Mrs. Stone? Not going to hit the tracks before you call it a day?", he asked after noticing that Abigail was packing up for the day.

"No, I feel like taking a break for today.", a stern and formidable reply to which even the coach had to just nod his head in agreement.

"Alright, no worries but you know that I will make you compensate for your absenteeism when I get the next chance!", Coach smirked.

"I don't mind.", Abigail said as she wiped beads of sweat off her brow and then picked out her change of clothes, it was 11 am. Half an hour left before the lecture begins!

She was late.

***

"Abbie! I'm here!", a voice came from the gates. It was Nick, Nicholas Stone. Abigail's younger brother waiting by the school gate for his dear sister to pick him up. He too had white skin, a messy curled up black hair, and eyelashes that were considered too long for a boy! His uniform, which was neatly tucked in covered up his not so presentable look, although he considered it to be a trivial matter and wondered why nobody talked about ethics or morality rather than his appearance. He was the complete opposite of Abigail!