Rainha

“La Petit Mort,” Harry shrugged.

“H...that was a lot more than la petit mort. You couldn’t have waited?” Louis shook his head.

“No.” He smirked.

“Christ. Now we can’t leave,” Liam sighed.

“Who says you have to stay?” Harry said looking through some papers.

“I’m not just going to leave you here.”

“Liam, if you want to go back to Los Angeles, go. Once everything is settled here, we’ll return,” Harry said setting the papers aside to give his friend his attention.

“Harry?” I called from the doorway.

“Yes, Love,” he said as he looked at me like I was the only thing on the planet.

“I’m hungry,” I wiggled my eyebrows at him.

“Of course you are,” he smirked as he stood.  He clapped Liam on the back as he passed him. “You can go get the house ready if you miss your plants, Liam.”

“Wait...you’re not seriously going to take her out?” Liam looked terrified.

“She’s hungry.”

“Oh for god’s sake...” Liam frowned. “You can’t just take her out like that. She looks...freshly...turned.”

“Oi!  Freshly turned...” Louis laughed.

We’d been at the mansion for about a week. Word had spread that the Queen was alive and well. Well...Mostly well.

Harry had decided that once I’d made my choice, he was going to make sure I was his forever. I don’t remember what happened after I took my final breath.

From what Glenne and Zeline had recanted, the air in the house had gone cold. Zeline and Nicaud were the first to make it to the bedroom. Nicaud broke down the door just as Harry wiped the blood from his mouth. Niall ushered William and Glenne out of the house and sent them back to William’s for their safety.  No one knew what I would do once I finished the change.

Liam emptied the fridge as Louis gathered the rest of the living residents of the house. They were sent here until it was safe to return to Zeline’s.

Niall had asked if Harry would agree to a “wake”. Just to give my parents a final farewell. None of their families had been able to say goodbye and Niall thought it would be important to me.

Harry agreed.  Within twenty four hours of my “passing”, my family and friends gathered at a small funeral home not far from Zeline’s. It was agreed the sooner it was done the better.  My parents were told I requested to be cremated.  William delivered an urn a few days later. My parents had closure and that was all that mattered.

I woke a week later.

“What did you do?” I bellowed at Harry.  I was one pissed off vampire.

“You said you had made your decision,” Harry said as he backed away from me.

I grabbed the first thing I could get my hands on and threw it across the room.

“Daria...”

“Harry,” I growled and leapt at him. I knocked him flat on his back.

“Love?” He said as he struggled to his feet.

“Don’t “Love” me. You don’t just kill someone, Harry!”

Niall snickered in the corner, “She’s got a point, H.”

“Shut up Irish!” I hissed.

“Come on now, Love. You wanted me forever and now you have me,” Harry said sweetly.