Incerteza

I was desperate.

At the end of my rope. I finally agreed to call upon Ambrogio.

After a tense conversation with Niall, Louis and Liam, Zeline had contacted a friend she thought might be able to help.

“Zeline...is this her?” The man asked as he stepped through the door. He barreled right towards me, arms and eyes wide. Niall didn’t take well to this. Before I could shake the vampire’s hand, my sweet Irish was already blocking his advance.

“Mon cherie...I will not hurt the Queen,” his french accent thick with amusement. “Now step to the side. I want to look upon her.”

“Bloody hell mate,” Louis shook his head as he joined Niall, “You can look at her from there.”

“Excuse my friends. They are very protective.” I smiled at Nicaud.

“A fierce security detail for a Queen,” he said bowing his head toward me. 

The six foot four, blonde vampire was born in the spring of 1903 in Normandy. He’d been bitten at the age of twenty-two by “a vampire of terrible reputation.”  Francois LeMarne had a habit of changing young men and then using them as slaves. He’d been killed by one of his many “bambin”, as he tended to call them, after he beat another.

Nicaud Mercier was free to do as he pleased after Francois’ death. He chose to go to University. After graduating, he traveled to America and settled in New Orleans in 1936.  Stories of Francois’ death had been circulating through the area for years.  Returning from the hunt for the truth, Zeline found him outside her doorstep one evening. A vampire mumbling gibberish in a french accent when he came face to face with her.

“It was fate,” Nicaud smiled as he gently touched Zeline’s hand. “I gave her my story and she gave me purpose.”

So enamored with Zeline, Nicaud began traveling all over the world gathering as much history as he could for her. He quickly became her partner. She would get word of a death or incident and he would gather all the facts.  And if required, artifacts of importance. Nicaud was the vampire who had obtained the cloth containing Selene’s blood. The significance of the cloth was not lost on him. 

He’d studied the tale of Ambrogio and Selene. The history of vampirism.  They were the reason he ended up on Zeline’s doorstep. He had come, just like Glenne, to talk to The Vampire Historian.

~LWTY~

“You’re sure he will hear me?” I was nervous and scared. “The last time I tried to call upon the moon, we both ended up comatose.”

“Child...” Nicaud pat my head, “You will see. All you need is un peu de fleuron.”

“So, explain to me again...”

“On the full moon, you will ask the Hunter for help.” It was as simple as that.

My hands were damp holding the piece of vellum he’d written my script on, “Should I practice this?” I asked wiping my hand on my jeans.

“NON, Cherie, NON! We do tomorrow...only on night of the full moon!” He yelled exasperated with me. “We shall not call her out again,” he shook his finger at me. “We let her come to you.” I chuckled as he crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow at Zeline,“Let’s pray she’s better with men.”

I rolled the vellum up carefully and handed it to Zeline, “I need to get back to Harry.”

I found Louis sitting and staring at Harry when I entered the room.

“Louis?”

“Love,” he nodded, his eyes never leaving his friend.

“Did I miss something?” I asked as I scanned over Harry’s body in the bed. His wounds were now a memory. His complexion still pale. His hair limp and in need of a wash.