Nutra sua alma

“Where are we going?” Niall said as I slid across the back seat.

“Where would you like to go, Love?”  Harry asked sidling next to Niall in the front seat.

“Am I the only one eating?” I asked.  My lips smacked of their own volition.  My fangs were starting to extend.

“Daria, Darling?” Liam sighed next to me, “We aren’t going to get very far with your fangs out.  Kind of a red flag.”

“I can’t help it,” I hissed.

“Told you this was a bad idea.”

“We can’t exactly take her to a drive through... ‘Excuse me, I’d like a 6 foot male, dark hair...doesn’t mind being bitten’,  now can we?” Louis laughed behind us.

“What if I don’t want a 6 foot male with dark hair?” I asked seriously.

“I just figured...”

“I don’t know what I want.”

“Any ideas, H?” Niall said as he made his way down the darkened streets.

“Let’s go to Louis favorite spot. Maybe she’ll find something there.”

Niall took a right and we were on our way to The Saint Bar and Lounge. The excitement of finally being able to feed had me on edge. I fidgeted in the seat as I checked my hair and clothes.

As Niall parked, Harry spoke, “Can I have a minute with her?”

“Sure, sure...” Louis said as he climbed over the seat.  Liam shook his head outside the door.

“We shouldn’t have all come.  Everyone’s gonna know who she is,” he complained.

“We’ve got this,” H hissed at him.

“Everyone knows you’re the protector. We all walk in with her...”

“Enough, Liam.” I spoke quietly.

“As you wish,” he acquiesced but you could see the tension rolling off of him.

“I’ll go in by myself.”

“That’s not going to happen, Pet,” Niall said before he closed the drivers side door.

“He’s right. I’ll go in with Liam and Niall. You stay with Louis,” Harry said as his eyes rolled over me. “If you find someone you think you’d like...give us some kind of signal. One of us will follow you out.”

“I don’t think it should be you.”

“It probably will not be. But you will not go unprotected.” His voice telling me his word was final.

“I’ll flip my hair over my shoulder.”

“How are you feeling? Your fangs have retracted,” he asked reaching his hand out to stroke my cheek.

“I’m hungry.”

“Alright, let’s do this,” he smiled and exited the car.

I heard him tell them I’d flip my hair over my shoulder if I found someone I was interested in and asked Louis to stay with me.  I waited until the three entered the bar before reaching for the door handle. 

“After you,” Louis said as he shut the door behind me.

The air was thick when we walked in. The different scents overwhelmed me immediately. I stopped mid step.

“What’s wrong Daria?” Louis said as he came up short behind me.

“There’s soo much...” I groused.