Devoção

Devotion

“Love?  You really need to rest,” Louis said as he passed by me to check on Harry.

“I will rest when he wakes,” I snarled.

Since the day I woke, I had not left his side for more than a few moments. Every day was a challenge. While his physical wounds were healing, Harry wasn’t waking up.  I needed him to return to me. My heart ached still. It was as if a piece of me was missing.

Zeline lectured that if I didn’t take care of myself, he may never wake. We were inexplicably linked physically, emotionally. I ate, I showered. However, I did not sleep. I couldn’t. I didn’t want to miss him waking. I wanted to be the first face he saw. I wanted him to know that I was, and would always be, his. The one thing I felt terribly about was my treatment of the people who loved us.

I would bite at Niall, telling him I didn’t need a nap. I growled at Louis when he handed me another plate of food. I lashed out at Glenne for pushing me into the shower. I screamed at Liam when he’d try to change Harry’s bedding or move him.

Despite all my growling and snarling, all of them would just hold me close in an embrace and leave the room. I knew he could probably hear my behavior and he was most likely disappointed. I just hoped he’d understand as much as they seemed to.

“Daria?” Zeline called from the bedroom door.

“Yes,” I said softly as I stroked Harry’s cheek with the side of my hand.

“Glenne has something she thinks may help.  May I take your place while you speak with her?”

“I...” I looked between her and the love of my life, “I can’t leave him.”

“It won’t be long, I promise. Just hear her out. If even a hair moves on his beautiful head, I will call for you,” She rubbed my arm gently. “I swear to you, Daria.” She bowed slightly.

“You don’t need to bow to me. I am Daria still,” I said pulling the small vampire into my arms. “You have done so much to help me. Us. I cannot express my gratitude to you.”

“You have made a decision?” She pulled back looking deeply into my eyes. “Ah, so you have.”

Reaching for the cool hand of the man I loved, I nodded. 

“Please hear Glenne out. We spoke in depth and I truly think she may be onto something.”

“You swear to whatever you believe in that you will let me know if he so much as twitches a muscle?”

“I swear to you, Queen,” she bowed again.

I shook my head at her calling me Queen again, “Alright.”

“She’s in the sitting room,” Zeline called over her shoulder as she sat on the side of the bed. A spot that I spent most of my time occupying. I felt a pang of jealousy run through my bones, but quickly dismissed it.

Not wanting to be away from him for a second too long, I hurried down the stairs to the sitting room.

“Is he alright?” Niall asked standing quickly as I entered the room.

“No change. Zeline sent me down to talk to Glenne,” I answered looking to the woman. “What are you thinking?” I asked softly.

She didn’t waste any time knowing it was hard to be away from Harry, “I think you need to call upon Ambrogio.”

“Call upon Ambrogio?” I stared at her dumbfounded. “I can barely call upon the moon and you want me to call upon him?”

“You are Selene. Surely Ambrogio would help the love of his life?” She said with desperation in her voice.