Chapter 20: What are we going to do?

Its been 2 days since what happened with Aiolos. Dagen had just got word he was going to have to return to work tomorrow, Atticus talked with Bruno and got Aiolos a few days off so his ribs could heal. Juniper hadn't been so lucky; this had been her first day off since that night. So, this was the first time the three of them could talk about what truly may happen now.They met up in Dagen's room. Aiolos now lived on the couch just outside Dagen's room. Juniper and Dagen sat on the bed and Aiolos sat on the wooden chair that belonged to the little Desk Dagen had in his room.

"Do you think the reason Nero came to your home was because he knows we stuck in records?"Dagen asked.

"Yeah I do. Why else would he have someone stash that stupid pocket watch in my bag?"

"Yeah but how would he know your dad would punish you the way he did?" Juniper spoke up.

"Because everyone on the council knew my dad wasn't the nicest. I'm pretty sure a lot of them knew he was abusing me. they just never did anything about it because it wasn't there problem."

"that's messed up."

"Yeah it is but he makes a point Juniper."

"I know he does."

"Wow a Pixie agreeing with me? A goblin? Oh my god." Aiolos jokes.

Juniper in response sticks out her tongue making a face before adding "Don't get used to it."

"Nero might be planning to get us next Juniper." Dagen says getting the two back on track.

"I don't know its been 2 days if he was going to do something wouldn't he have done it already?" She asks looking at Dagen now.

"No. I hate to say it but he's a lot more than just good looking" Aiolos states shrugging "He's smart as hell and he's a good fucking Villain. If there's one thing he knows how to do it's this.He's already gotten me it's only right to assume you two are next."

"You think Nero is good looking?" Juniper asks curiously

"Well yeah, but I kind of think everyone is good looking so he's nothing special."

"Oh wow." Juniper nodded a bit before going back to their original conversation.

"Aiolos is right about the second part not the first. He's coming for us and we can't exactly stop it. He's going to ruin everything."

"But maybe not We're thinking he is but maybe that's just how he's fooling us. If he was going to do something, he would have done it already. He waited no time to mess with Aiolos why waste time with us?"

"She also has a point. Dagen it's been two days he should have came already right?"

"Not unless he knows you're here."

"How would he know? I didn't tell anyone I'm here. My dad doesn't even know where I am right now?"

"Yes, but Nero knew that your dad was going to beat you either to death or just to a bloody pulp and you never showed up at the hospital so where else would one go in a situation like that? Someone they trust. You came here. He must know you're here."

"Fuck." Was all Aiolos could say as he looked back at Juniper wondering if she had some sort of hopeful twist that they all could believe but he face fell to because they all knew that the storm was coming and it wasn't going to be an easy one.

"What are we going to do?" Juniper finally asked after moments of silence.

"I don't know. I don't think there is anything we can do." Dagen admits.

"We can tell Atticus about what we found in records. Tell him the whole truth and not just bits and pieces anymore?" Aiolos suggests which makes Dagen and Juniper give him a crazy look.