Chapter 3: "Who's Atticus?"

Atticus Sawyer (he's supposed have round glasses but I forgot them):

Dagen gave back the letter to Nero running his hands through his hair "Fine I'll stay"

"Good to know, now walk with me"

As Dagen walks with him he began to explain the camp to him.

"Well Dagen this camp is designed to keep any supernatural creature safe and I do mean any Supernatural creatures all the way from Banshees to the average Witch or Vampire even."

"How do you accommodate everyone Vampires drink blood and I don't think Banshees do that?"

"we do have outside sources that bring us what we need. We have lasting power and clean water sources all around us."

"Where will I be staying?"

"I was just about to get to that. You will be staying in a cabin like most are. Now with 5 other people." Nero looked down for a moment and say the boy immediately grow uncomfortable at the sound of living with 5 people "Don't worry it's a nice size cabin. Anyway, why don't I go ahead and bring you to your Cabin and you can get settled in?"

"I don't have anything to settle in. those Hunters or whatever you call them made sure I ran and left all my shit behind"

"your caretaker will be able to help you with that issue. And may I ask if you mind your tone, I don't like it."

Dagen raised an eyebrow at the man before him but said nothing as he followed him to a nice size cabin a little further from the others

"Now Your Cabin is a bit further away from everyone else's, but Atticus was never much of a neighborly type"

"Who's Atticus?"

"I am" says an older man in round glasses looking about the same age as Nero walking out the cabin, he had a raven black hair with some grey peeking out of its messy curly style just to match his beard.

"He's your Druid" Nero said as he nodded slightly towards Atticus as a greeting

Atticus didn't return the nod just leaned against the railing of the porch. "A wendigo wouldn't happen to be related to the Wood's family?"

"He is actually Dagen Woods. He's parents died and I assigned him to your cabin"

"So, the kid doesn't speak?"

"I speak just fine" Dagen spoke up wondering what Atticus problem was

"I was wondering since it seems Nero here kept talking for you"

"Sorry If I seem a bit quiet in the moment, I'm still trying to wrap my head around that fact that stuff like this exists" he remarked crossing his arms as if he knew he won some unspoken battle with this older man.

Atticus laughed and nodded a bit "Okay Kid come on in let's meet the rest of your little family in here" he turned and opened the door for Dagen who hesitantly walked in.

Atticus closed the door behind him "Before I call the rest in here, I'll let you look around the main floor before I let them show you the rest of the house"

Dagen nodded and stayed where he was, using his eyes scanning the room. the walls were a light blue with white trim bare except for one painting of orange leaves. There was a brick fireplace that had chairs around it. To the right was two set of stairs one going down into the basement the other going up to the other floor. It was an open floor plan making it easy to see the dining table and then the kitchen with its brown cabinets and updated appliances, with white counter tops.

"The basement is where you'll be staying. The top floor belong to the girls and my room is the only one on this floor. The bathroom is right over there behind the stairs"

Dagen stared at the house not saying anything everything happening still running through his head. Atticus seeing the look so many times before decided to get him out of his thoughts for just a moment.

"Look Kid I know it's been a long day for you. I'm sorry for your lost I really am your family was good people. So, if you want to sit and take a breather for a minute then you can. Just let me know when you're ready to meet the others"

Dagen made eye contact with Atticus and shook his head "No it's better if I just get this day over with"

"If you say so kid" Atticus whistles down the basement stairs and Dagen can hear them as they ascend the stairs. Immediately biting his lip, he was never good with people he was a loner he preferred it that way he liked being the only child. But now he will have to learn how to do this whatever this is because it was the only thing he had now.