Chapter 26: Where are we?

Dagen woke up on the cold floor looking around He's head pounding. He sits up looking at his hands then down at his leg seeing what looks like a shackle around his ankle. He immediately tries to get it off but when he's hands make contact with the shackle it burns as if he put his hands on a hot stove, making him move his hands back wincing in pain.

"It's Silver." Came Calliope's voice. He follows her voice to see her have the same shackle around her ankle. 

"Silver?" he asked.

"Yeah Wendigo's Werewolf's even Vampires can't have Silver. Fairies, Pixies and Goblins on the other hand can't have Iron." She says gesturing to her left where Marlowe and Juniper laid one on another still asleep. 

Dagen shook his head before looking on his other side. Aiolos sat against the wall his knees brought to his chest his hands in his green hair looking at Dagen for only a split second but Dagen could see the black eye forming. 

"What happened?" 

"They took Atticus. He was just letting them take him. He didn't fight and I couldn't let them take him without a fight." Aiolos replies moving his hand to reveal the bruising on his eye and the drying blood coming from his nose.

Dagen notices the empty shackle beside Felix who was fast asleep. The Sunlight shined just inches from where Felix laid. Indicating the sun was still raising. They had been here over night. If it got any closer Felix would burn. 

"We have to warn Felix about the sun."

"We can't wake them. They have to wake on their own. Trust me We've already tried." Calliope responds resting her head against the wall. 

"We have to do something or Felix might die before he wakes." 

"No, He'll wake before then." Aiolos says looking at the Vampire laying there.

"We don't know that." 

"He will. They're all bound to be waking soon." Calliope says.

"We need to find a way out then." Dagen says looking at his ankle.

"How?" Aiolos asked

"I don't know. But we have to get out. This isn't the end. Tonight is the full Moon remember Calliope?" Dagen watches as Calliope face turns into a worried expression, he has never seen her wear before. 

"Oh fuck! Being trapped in here I totally forgot. If I'm stuck in here, I might kill everyone here except Felix." 

"But we can't touch the shackles keeping us here. We're trapped that's why they kept us they're going to kill us using Calliope and I don't have Gummy bears to keep calm or shut up this time!" Aiolos says the situation sinking in finally. 

"No, we just have to come up with a plan to get out. We just need to be observant okay?" Dagen says calming them. "let's focus on what happened before I woke up see if we can try and figure out their full plan for us." 

Aiolos and Calliope nodded. 

"When they came and took Atticus what do you remember?" 

"I remember Mumble talking. When I woke up, I didn't think about using my heightened senses. I couldn't make out what they were saying but I know when they got closer, they said they might as well have some fun with us." 

"I woke up and they were grabbing Atticus. I immediately went to fight for him since he wasn't doing anything. The only thing I remember is keys jingling so I know they have the keys on them." 

"Of course, they have the keys on them Aiolos they need to unlock the shackles they chained us too." Calliope snapped her short temper getting the best of her.