Chapter 5

"Where are they?!"

Mitch was pacing. The others were sat in silence as they didn't notice the silver Mercedes pulling up in the driveway. The door opened and Kevin came stumbling through them, blood dripping from his head. Esther and Mitch stood and rushed to him, grabbing his arms and sitting him on the couch as Kirstie ran in with a warm, wet cloth and placed it on his head. Whilst everyone was focused on Kevin, Mitch noticed that his fiancée, was nowhere to be seen.

"Kevin... where is Scott?"

Kevin looked up and stared at the small Italian and sighed.

"lost him... in the field..."

With that, concussion took over and he passed out. Mitch was furious.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU LOST HIM IN THE FIELD OF CONTAINERS?!? I TOLD YOU NOT TO BRING HIM--"

"MITCHELL!!"

He stopped to look at Kirstie.

"He has passed out, he has a concussion, we need to take him to the hospital--"

"We need to find Scott.

"Kevin is our number one priority right now, Grassi."

Officer PJ countered. Mitch just stood and laughed before walking to the coat rack in the hallway and picking up his jacket.

"i can't believe this."

"Believe what, Mitch?"

"That when it comes to Avi, no matter what, everyone is 'All hands on deck! No excuses!' but when it comes to someone else, it's like no one could care less. Scott was having a tough time already, dealing with his own family problems but he put Avi before himself because he cared! He was so depressed about what had happened and he was beating himself up about it even though none of what happened was his fault!"

"What happened, Mitchell? What could have possibly happened--"

"his mother almost died the night before avi was kidnapped the first time, she was calling and texting scott but he had been asleep. they found her the morning after and rushed her to hospital, it was a heart attack but she lived. miracle woman... he said how he should have been awake to answer her calls but he wasn't and thought it was all his fault. he became suicidal in the space of 2 hours, esther. 2 hours. there are cuts on his wrists from it, said 'he deserved it' he didn't. he did nothing wrong. he put all his pain aside just to help look for avi even though he needed help and support he acted like nothing was wrong and as soon as we got home to la, he broke down in my arms. do you know how hard it is to watch your loved one burst into tears about something they couldn't control? he was saying how he should've done so much more but what could he do? we weren't even in america, es, what could he do? he put all his hurt and pain aside because he cared. he needs us right now and all you guys can focus on is getting kevin to a hospital so you can continue searching for avi?"

"He is my little brother, Mitchell--"

"Scott is my fiancée! At least if Avi was gone you wouldn't be alone!"

"Mitchell!!"

"What? It's the truth! I'm not saying Avi is replaceable to you but you have another brother, sure he's older than you and looks nothing like you and Avi nor do you have the bond with him that you have with Avi... but you're not alone. if Scott was gone I'd be alone. I don't have another fiancee I can just turn to and be like 'Hey! My previous fiancée is dead so I guess you're my main fiancée now!' I can't do that. You have another brother to turn to, I don't have another fiancée... heck, I don't even have a brother..."

He leaned against the door frame, head towards the floor and playing with his hands.

"What's Scott's number?"

Mitch told the Officer his number as it was typed into the computer, it beeped and Scott's location came up on the screen...

"He's in the container with Avi. His location pin is literally right on top of Avi's."

Silence.

"Ok... well, we should get Kevin to a hospital and continue the search from there."

They all agreed and called the paramedics and waited before going to the hospital and continuing planning the rescue of their friends. They didn't know, however, that it would take way more than going to a barren part of LA.